I'm making the jump

huntersmom08

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm finally making the jump next week and getting a S6edge and here are my concerns.
*** I currently have a gs5, so I'm familiar with samsung and the galaxy phones, I had the g3, g4, g5 and of course the gs6 edge, but my concerns are the removable storage......I have a ton of music, pics, videos on a 64gig SD card currently in my gs5, has anyone else had a problem with storage?? Should I really make the plunge and go with the 128g??

***Second I'm concerned about a case for it, I don't want to cover up the phone, but at the same time I do want to protect it because I work in dust all day and don't want it to get scratches and dust built up. I ordered a supcase for it, and already have the case, has anyone ever used or has a supcase on their gs6 now??

I have been reading posts on here for a week now and I'm looking forward to getting the phone, just wanted to see some more opinions.

Posted via the Android Central App

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
I got the 64 GB version and I have plenty of room after music, but my collection is smaller than a lot of people.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm finally making the jump next week and getting a S6edge and here are my concerns.
*** I currently have a gs5, so I'm familiar with samsung and the galaxy phones, I had the g3, g4, g5 and of course the gs6 edge, but my concerns are the removable storage......I have a ton of music, pics, videos on a 64gig SD card currently in my gs5, has anyone else had a problem with storage?? Should I really make the plunge and go with the 128g??

***Second I'm concerned about a case for it, I don't want to cover up the phone, but at the same time I do want to protect it because I work in dust all day and don't want it to get scratches and dust built up. I ordered a supcase for it, and already have the case, has anyone ever used or has a supcase on their gs6 now??

I have been reading posts on here for a week now and I'm looking forward to getting the phone, just wanted to see some more opinions.

Sorry but you are the only one that can answer if you need the 64 or 128 version, check how much space you are using in the SD card and take a look at your Phone Storage and it will also tell you how much space you are currently using on you're phone, do a simple math and depending on the free space you want to have left that will give your answer.

About a cover that protects from dust also, check Ringke Fusion, great clear case to show all the phone beauty while protects well.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I personally would go with the 128 if you're even worried about it. I got the 64 and with all my pics and videos and music I had about 15 gigs to last me the rest of the year. I put some of my big videos on one drive and it has helped me but I wish I went with the 128. Better to have too much space then not enuf.

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Since I don't really store a lot of music locally it doesn't make any difference to me. I use google play music and I pay the fees per month so I get to stream anything I want. Internal storage really makes no difference anymore

btgrave

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, only you can make the choice of how much internal storage you need.
I calculated my old phone and thought 32 would be enough, but got 64 just to be safe and now I still have 45gb of free space to last me the span of the phone :D

boogas8

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Why don't you back up your pics and vids somewhere else. Do you really need all 3,000 on you at all times?

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge via the Uncarrier

huntersmom08

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Thanks everyone........I think I may just go ahead with the 128, that way I can rest easy and not worry about my storage.......I will update later.

huntersmom08

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you back up your pics and vids somewhere else. Do you really need all 3,000 on you at all times?

Sent from my Galaxy S6 Edge via the Uncarrier

I have them already back up on drop box, but I'd like to keep them on my phone too.......

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I would go with the 128gb, you can never have enough storage! That's what I did, and I'm glad that I did. I won't have to worry, if I'm running out of storage anytime soon.

Sent from the GOLDEN EDGE of the Galaxy S6 Edge.

Last edited:

dgh1981

May 22, 2015
Visit site
Get the spigen slimarmor case. It's amazing. I got the white one that matches my white edge perfectly.

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Like others have said you should consider getting the 128 then. Since this device cannot be upgraded, you need to assume more than less ESPECIALLY with that many photos and songs.

When it arrives just you Smartswitch from Samsung to transfer everything over.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781