Possible Defect with Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge phone, what should I do?

jodyku

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Possible Defect with Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge phone

After 7-8 days of purchasing a Galaxy Edge from Verizon I noticed under sunlight or interior lighting that the lower right hand corner of the display exhibited what appeared as a cloudy type of smudge mark that could not be be wiped away with a display cloth or any of the recommended cell phone display cleaners. I am very careful in taking care of my phones so knowing that it was not a scratch or surface defect caused by me I observed that over the next few days that the mark increased in length and width on the right side of the display. lt was not due to using the right edge to display information as I did not use this feature. I returned it to my Verizon dealer and they agreed that it was defective and ordered a replacement Galaxy Edge for me. I have had the replacement phone for several days now and notice that the new phone is exhibiting the same problem. I am wondering if this is caused by defective OLED displays as it appears that the defect is in a layer below the outside surface of the display area of the phone.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Possible Defect with Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge phone

Very odd. My co-workers Edge does not have this issue.

jodyku

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site

I neglected to mention that the phone has to be in the sleep mode or showing a blank black screen to see the cloudy mark. If I angle the phone to the interior light or sunlight it is clearly evident on the screen. It appears as a mottled white haze starting in the right hand bottom corner of the screen as opposed to the rest of the display which has a uniform black appearance. It will also not show when the display is in an active mode with icons apps visible on the display. I may be a little anal about this but for the price of the phone I believe the display should have a uniform appearance througout.

May 3, 2015
Visit site

Sounds like condensation. Did you get it wet? Or do you live in a very humid place and keep it in your pocket?

Phillip Pugh

Banned
Nov 21, 2013
Visit site

I neglected to mention that the phone has to be in the sleep mode or showing a blank black screen to see the cloudy mark. If I angle the phone to the interior light or sunlight it is clearly evident on the screen. It appears as a mottled white haze starting in the right hand bottom corner of the screen as opposed to the rest of the display which has a uniform black appearance. It will also not show when the display is in an active mode with icons apps visible on the display. I may be a little anal about this but for the price of the phone I believe the display should have a uniform appearance througout.

Sounds like nothing I've heard of with mine and others gs6 edge . Your within the return time just take it back get another problem solved

Posted via the Android Central App

jodyku

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site

I actually returned the first unit and the store manager agreed that the phone's display was faulty. I received a new replacement within 3 days and am noticing the same problem. Even when I use display cleaner and wipe it with a soft cloth I cannot get rid of what looks like a dirty window on a portion of the
display. I have had a lot of phones - Motorola Droid Razr, Iphone. HTC One, etc. and have never seen a display with that appearance. ;

jodyku

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site

I'm certain that it is not condensation and I don't keep it in my pocket. I can't imagine what it could be.

S6edge46220

May 29, 2015
Visit site
Pretty simple. Take it back again. Demand was higher than anticipated for the Edge and as a result it seems quality control on them slipped.

My first one had a bad pixel on the screen but I've had no issues since. I've read of others taking 3 tries to get a good phone. Its not right to have to go through all the trouble.. But once you get a good one its a great phone.

Posted via the Android Central App

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

And that means some other poor guy gets those defective units when they return theirs. They get a cursory check at sammy and if it turns on they rebox it as a refurb.