Security notice

rickbess

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi my s6 keeps coming up with a security notice and telling me to restart my device ? Anyone else come across this nd anyone know the fix.
Thanks guys

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I don't have my S6 with me today but I believe if you go under settings - > security you can un-check the "receive security updates" box and it should stop.

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Every now and then i get a notification for security updates

Its actually buried within the lock screen settings

Go to Lock Screen and Security

Scroll down to Other Security Settings

Then scroll till you see Security Policy Updates

jeffk66

Jun 26, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I tried the suggestions on this thread and I still get several Security Notices per day. I was on the phone with Verizon and they said Samsung was going to fix this soon (new security software update I guess). But did anyone else have any other luck with different fixes?

TaRT zKie

Banned
May 25, 2015
Visit site
Hi my s6 keeps coming up with a security notice and telling me to restart my device ? Anyone else come across this nd anyone know the fix.
Thanks guys

Hi,

Maybe you're talking about the device security in Smart Manager, there are 2 ways to fix that or to disable the "Security Log Agent".

Question: How to disable the "Security Log Agent" ?
Answer:
1. Root your phone..install Titanium Back up and remove/disable the "Security Log Agent"!
2. And if you don't want to root your phone this is the simplest way to disable the "Security Log Agent"
First install "Package Disabler" Package Disabler (Google Play Store) after installing Search Security Log Agent and thick to disable.

And Done! No more annoying security notice in your screen! :)

Hope I resolve and help your problem :)

Ciao

Last edited:

shuddle13

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
An update was rolled out a couple of days ago that fixes this. It fixes a glitch with the software causing an error message to come up from the security.agent.login stating 'Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your phone to undo any unauthorized changes.' I had to replace my S6 Edge because of a screen malfunction and my replacement (surprisingly a new phone) gave me that error message every 5 minutes. Updating the software today got rid of it thankfully. There were a handful of people that were suffering from it, it was a bad batch of new phones that got sent out that were produced in June. Not useless for those that were suffering from it as it was really annoying. Happy to see they fixed it so quickly I only had to deal with it for a few days; I know some people had to deal with it for a few weeks.

Posted via the Android Central App

TaRT zKie

Banned
May 25, 2015
Visit site
An update was rolled out a couple of days ago that fixes this. It fixes a glitch with the software causing an error message to come up from the security.agent.login stating 'Unauthorized actions have been detected. Restart your phone to undo any unauthorized changes.' I had to replace my S6 Edge because of a screen malfunction and my replacement (surprisingly a new phone) gave me that error message every 5 minutes. Updating the software today got rid of it thankfully. There were a handful of people that were suffering from it, it was a bad batch of new phones that got sent out that were produced in June. Not useless for those that were suffering from it as it was really annoying. Happy to see they fixed it so quickly I only had to deal with it for a few days; I know some people had to deal with it for a few weeks.

Posted via the Android Central App

Oh that's good then, I just update my Edge yesterday so I can enable my "Security Agent Log" now if they already fix the problem. Thanks for the info Shuddle13 :)

Juan Villamil

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi, just wondering to what update did you get it so it could stop? I just got the edge a couple days ago and its been doing this every couple minutes. my phone says I'm on the 5.0.2 version of android. should i just get a new phone all together or you got any suggestions?

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Hi Juan,

No. Your new phone might just do it as well... Follow my instructions below until the next update (or whenever an update fixes you problem).
I got my Edge 2 weeks ago and had the same issues.
Download 'Package Disabler' from the Google play store (About $1 for the pro version. You can disable more than 5 apps/processes and some other cool stuff) and disable the 'SecurityLogAgent' file. This should solve your problem.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-07-16-13-12-44.jpg
    Screenshot_2015-07-16-13-12-44.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 34
Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
It depends on your carrier... Where I'm from (South Africa), we haven't received the 5.1.1. update yet.
See my post above to fix it temporarily until the update is available.
Btw, I'm still on 5.0.2. and it's the latest available. :)

edsol39

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
hi, I really like to use your method but I can't seem to see the 'package disabler' in my google play store. Do I have to be rooted to see this? Would really appreciate your help

TaRT zKie

Banned
May 25, 2015
Visit site
no rooted required to install the package disabler edsol...i think gplay removed that apps. try to search in google it will help you!

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

edsol39

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
I don't know why they have to remove that app if it is a good solution to this annoying security notice. I saw an apk of superlock package disabler and was able to install it but when I open it it get stuck in a white screen with nothing in it.

edsol39

Jul 25, 2015
Visit site
okay, i was able to find the packagedisabler.apk and was able to install it and check the securitylogagent. Now i hope i will be freed from that pesky security notice. thank you guys for the tip