Verizon S6 Edge - Unfortunately, Cocktailbar service has stopped. Has anyone seen and and now the cause?

A

AC Question

verizon S6 Edge - Unfortunately, Cocktailbar service has stopped

This error pops up every time i try to enter the edge screen menu in settings. I did a factory reset and it appeared to go away but after I reinstalled some apps, none of which had anything to do with edge screen it came back. Anyone seen this before and know the cause?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: verizon S6 Edge - Unfortunately, Cocktailbar service has stopped

Haven't seen it before, but maybe try to isolate the app causing the problem

Sent from my Pearly White Verizon Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site

There's a thread on this not too far down.

Posted via the Android Central App

chirazmw

Jun 5, 2015
Visit site

I had the same issue on my S6 Edge after I changed the theme to "space".
I factory reset the phone and checked every app. It was all fine until I changed the theme again. Then I got the "unfortunately cocktail bar service has stopped" notice again.

Last edited:

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site

It has something to do with the themes. This happens on several different themes. Not sure exactly why this is happening though. If you go to the default theme everything works.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
I had the same issue on my S6 Edge after I changed the theme to "space".
I factory reset the phone and checked every app. It was all fine until I changed the theme again. Then I got the "unfortunately cocktail bar service has stopped" notice again.

This is exactly what happened to me! I have the Sprint galaxy s6 edge, and I changed the theme to Space Odyssey and instantly cocktail bar services stopped working, which makes the edge functions stop working. I will try to work around a factory reset though, I have my phone just how I like it right now and it takes time to get it like this.

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

Last edited:

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

I can confirm that the problem can be fixed by changing back to the default theme, then I restarted my phone, wiped the cache partition twice (no reason I just always do it twice lol) and it's working as normal again.

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site

If you change the theme to anything it fixes it, but im not sure howlong it lasts.

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

If you change the theme to anything it fixes it, but im not sure howlong it lasts.

Yes, I can confirm this, I've since switched back to a custom theme with no errors. It seems the 1st time you download a theme and apply it, that is when you get this error. Once you apply the default theme it goes back to normal and then you can Re-apply the custom theme as normal. I wonder if it has something to do with my security software having to scan everything the 1st time I apply it? Maybe it causes the error. Idk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463