Wireless Charging

Daniel Gecev

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys
I was thinking if every wireless charger is compatible with the s6 edge or you have to buy the Samsung one. Also is there any difference when charging (samsung vs other brands)

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys
I was thinking if every wireless charger is compatible with the s6 edge or you have to buy the Samsung one. Also is there any difference when charging (samsung vs other brands)

You'll find that the S6 range is compatible with mostly all QI chargers. I have three in my house, two from previous phones that I bought on Amazon and I also have the official Samsung one. All three work, but I get the best results from the official one - this is just from my experience though. I hear Nokia has a great QI charger that works well with the S6 range. If you are in doubt, contact the seller and get them to confirm it's compatibility

Raymond Elliott

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
I tried Samsung's new round charger and returned it. It would charge to 100% fine, then turn off. When charging overnight, that means that by morning the phone had discharged down to around 80%. Didn't work for me.

I also tried Samsung's older square charger. It doesn't turn off; it keeps the phone charged at 100%. That's the one I'm using.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I tried Samsung's new round charger and returned it. It would charge to 100% fine, then turn off. When charging overnight, that means that by morning the phone had discharged down to around 80%. Didn't work for me.

I also tried Samsung's older square charger. It doesn't turn off; it keeps the phone charged at 100%. That's the one I'm using.

I have the official Samsung round charger and it doesn't turn off for me - I have tested this thoroughly as well. I sit my phone on the charger about 8pm, come 11pm it's fully charged, I leave it sitting on it overnight and when I wake up I always have 100%

DWS44

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have the official Samsung round charger and it doesn't turn off for me - I have tested this thoroughly as well. I sit my phone on the charger about 8pm, come 11pm it's fully charged, I leave it sitting on it overnight and when I wake up I always have 100%

You must have one of the lucky ones...there's been quite a few posts about the Samsung charger cutting off once it gets to 100%. Mine cuts off @ 100% as well. My Edge is usually anywhere between 85-90% when I wake up in the morning. Of the wireless chargers I have, only the Samsung charger fails to maintain 100% once its fully charged.

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
You must have one of the lucky ones...there's been quite a few posts about the Samsung charger cutting off once it gets to 100%. Mine cuts off @ 100% as well. My Edge is usually anywhere between 85-90% when I wake up in the morning. Of the wireless chargers I have, only the Samsung charger fails to maintain 100% once its fully charged.

That's crazy, you would think the official charger works the same on any S6 device. That's the only reason I bought it, so it would continuously charge my phone throughout the night.

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I have four different chargers. One is the latest Sammy product and it does not stop charging at 100%. I would exchange it if yours does. Another is the previous squarish one from Sammy that was sort of meant for the S5. That I use at night and also works fine, although due to its size, I have to be careful not to knock it off.

I have another from eBay that I bought for next to nothing. It works fine but is slightly more finicky than the other ones.

Universal Qi Wireless Power Charging Charger Pad for Mobile Phone Smart Phone F5 | eBay

Finally, I have a stand for work that I got off of Amazon. It too works fine.

I find that the S6E works great. I have a minimalist case (Samsung Protector Case) so if you have a thicker case, TMMV.

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
My experience with two S6 edge phones, with two (old) square Samsung OEM wireless chargers, as well as two of the new round ones, is that once it reaches 100%, the light on the charger changes state (blinks yellow on the old square one, changes to green on the new round one) and it stops charging. Both of my S5s (with the optional Samsung OEM wireless charging cover) did the same thing, too

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site

I've also got the Sammy wireless charger and it usually charges and stays at 100% during the night but there have been a few occasions when it will stop charging and drain overnight when it reaches 100%. Its usually starts blinking blue when this happens. Would not recommended this charger and I'm glad I got it for free. The Nokia wireless charger is a beast though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay