This Is My Screen On Time From Today.

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Almost 5hr SoT today which is MORE than acceptable. The only thing that isn't is getting up at 4:30 xD

Screenshots for those who prefer to see...

Screenshot_2015-06-07-19-24-56.jpg
Screenshot_2015-06-07-19-25-02.jpg
Screenshot_2015-06-07-19-25-09.jpg

getbretweir

Banned
Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
What do you consider normal? The screen should be the highest.

Posted via the Android Central App

what I'm saying is a lot of it depends on what apps your running. if I'm on YouTube and playing Clash of Clans, my battery drains a lot faster than if I'm just texting.

it's difficult to gauge good SOT without knowing what's running.

also, most phones can get 2 days on a single charge if they're not being used much. it would be helpful if we saw what apps everybody is running instead of just posting a SOT screen shot, it just doesn't tell the whole story.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
what I'm saying is a lot of it depends on what apps your running. if I'm on YouTube and playing Clash of Clans, my battery drains a lot faster than if I'm just texting.

also, most phones can get 2 days on a single charge if they're not being used much. it would be helpful if we saw what apps everybody is running instead of just posting a SOT screen shot, it just doesn't tell the whole story.

I don't play games. I do use YouTube occasionally. If you're gaming alot you can't expect these numbers.

S6edge46220

May 29, 2015
Visit site
I think it'd be more helpful if people also included what they're running. a lot of SOT depends on how you're using your phone. 6+ hours is definitely impressive, for any phone, but if it's not with normal use, it doesn't really mean anything.

My 6 hour was a mix of heavy web browsing/Facebook/twitter, 45min YouTube and 30 min on games. Also about 45min talk time

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site

That's why people like me (tons here) that has multiple devices can give an honest opinion about battery life and comparison between devices, just like I did yesterday and posted here on the S6 and LG G4 forums. But when we do it, there are always a bunch of people accusing us of fanboys and liars if they don't like or agree with what we say.

Since April 2014 I've had the following phones as my daily drivers:

1-) Galaxy S5 - paid by my company, just used the Jump on it to get the S6 edge on April 10th.
2-) HTC M8 - late April 2014 - Used it for one week and return it to T-Mobile, didn't like the camera and was too big for me for the screen size.
3-) LG G3 - End of July - Great phone that I liked it but was having issues with the Bluetooth connection and was very active on my workouts and daily 5K running and I decided to keep the S5 because of the Waterproof certification, but I did like it more than the S5.
4-) Sony Xperia Z3 Dual - October 2014- Best phone I've ever had until recently, Insane battery life, almost 8-9 hours of SoT constantly. used it for 3 weeks until I got the regular Z3.
5-) Sony Xperia Z3 - End of October - Beg. December 2014 Same as above, used it for about 2 months until decided to try the Note 4 and sold it for a profit.
6-) Galaxy Note 4 - Beg. December 2014 - Great battery life but couldn't get used to the size, never used the S Pen and too similar to the S5 that I didn't like too much. Sold it in a week
7-) Moto X 2014 - Late December 2014 - Worst battery life on any phone that I've had (And still managed to get 4 SoT very often. liked the look with the bamboo battery cover but within a week the charger port got damaged and then the nightmare began trying to get service from Motorola, just decided to send it back for a refund, the one that took more than 2 months to finally get.
:cool: OnePlus One - January 15 - April 10 2015 - One of the best all around phone I've had, great battery life, between 6-7 SoT and for the price it's a killer. Sold it and got even on the sale.
9-) Galaxy S6 edge - April 10 2015 - Best all around phone I've ever had, replacing the Xperia Z3, constantly 5-5.5 SoT on weekdays with Bluetooth and Android Wear all day and 6-6.5 SoT on weekend when I barely use the Bluetooth.
10-) LG G4 - June 5th 2015 - Still testing, great phone but so far battery is not what I expected.
11-) Alcatel Idol 3 - June 6th 2015- Just got it yesterday, probably will keep it for my daughter, great great phone, so far very impressed with it, battery is superior to G4 and a little over the S6 but it has a bigger battery and a 1080p display, that by the way, great display and very bright, right now it's replacing the Oneplus One as the best budget oriented phone with great specs.

Well, I know that the list is long and boring, but what I wanted to show you is that when I talk about battery life is because I've had the experience with all of the above plus the ones on my family, BUT all of the above have been set the same, same apps and services syncing, basically same usage all the time, Bluetooth to my car and my watch all the same, so with that in mind and clear, no, G4 battery is not better than the S6 or a couple of other phones I've had (so far), it's almost on par with S6 and like I've mentioned before, for the past 2 days it has been worst, I hope it gets better, but so far I was expecting a lot more from it.

Last edited:

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Do you have the other stats DSM? Just posting screen on time doesn't help as much as seeing the whole picture.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Do you have the other stats DSM? Just posting screen on time doesn't help as much as seeing the whole picture.

No I don't at this point, but screen is number 1 as it should be. Battery is good. Got 18 hours total time yesterday. Still had battery left, but it was bedtime. It's been the best battery out of all I've owned.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
No I don't at this point, but screen is number 1 as it should be. Battery is good. Got 18 hours total time yesterday. Still had battery left, but it was bedtime. It's been the best battery out of all I've owned.

Ah okay -- well if you ever hit these SoT limits again would you mind taking a screenshot of the rest of the battery? I am curious to see what all you have running to achieve these stats :).

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Ah okay -- well if you ever hit these SoT limits again would you mind taking a screenshot of the rest of the battery? I am curious to see what all you have running to achieve these stats :).

Usually average around 5+. I don't let apps run rogue, never have on any device. Averaged around 3+hours on my S4. Couldn't really break 4 hours. I'm very happy with my battery life. 5 or 6 hours is a lot of time looking at a screen. I don't do it daily, but more than I should.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Here you go. Not my best, but still pretty good. Screen is usually first, but not this time.

Attachments

• 15076.jpg
    15076.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 67
  • 15077.jpg
    15077.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 67

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I'll leave this here...
3ea34a246f733e34ed02873760194ccf.jpg

1a9f0c83ef4a9b3a79db773569e9a1ae.jpg

73f09dad8ddf01e9807f13d813146c81.jpg

Sent from The Edge™

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I had close to 7 hrs the day before.
Either way it's crazy and I'm pleased with it's performance as you are I'm sure.
Plus with quick charge, I couldn't be happier.

Sent from The Edge™

It's been the best phone ever for me, and I've owned a few.

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
Easily get 6 Hours SOT if I went to 5%. Phones still running like a dream almost 4 months into ownership.

Attachments

• 14558.jpg
    14558.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 14557.jpg
    14557.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 37

TurboHope

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
I need some help please! I have WiFi and Bluetooth off, 1 min screen timeout. Any tricks or things i might be missing. Im pretty tech savvy, but can't get 5 hours plus screen time out of this phone. HELP!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• 7819.jpg
    7819.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 26

iFrosty

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I need some help please! I have WiFi and Bluetooth off, 1 min screen timeout. Any tricks or things i might be missing. Im pretty tech savvy, but can't get 5 hours plus screen time out of this phone. HELP!!!!!!!!

It's honestly difficult to help since we all use our devices differently.
I'll (re)post what i have found to help with keeping the device going.

EDIT: Here is what i posted in another thread

For those with battery in mind:
It ultimately comes down to you and how you use your device. I have superb battery life on my Edge and with quick charge at my disposal i couldn't even worry.
Here are some tips:
Stop using Facebook and Messenger apps. Use the mobile browser and make a shortcut. That right there is enough to fix half your issues.
Turn location off unless needed.
Use some stock apps over third party apps. For example i use the stock browser over anything else eapecially chrome. Bleh. Chrome is overrated and still crashes like no tomorrow on my edge.

I could go on but i figured i have stated enough.

EDIT 2: I'll even add some more

WiFi and Bluetooth- in my daily life i never have it off even if i don't use it.
Enhanced LTE- I turned this off since this was considered the Cell Standby culprit (in mine and others testing)
Screen Brightness- I have it set to 25-30% range. This screen is bright and i only turn it up when necessary
Vibration and Lights-
--- Vibration - I have it to allow feedback on button presses and keyboard (ringer a given)
--- Lights - I disabled the back button and multitasking light. Thats where the vibrate comes in to effect. Auto brightness off. Timeout set to 30 seconds.
--- Black out as much as possible. I use the Weyo theme which blacks out mostly everything on the device. By blacking out as much as possible, the AMOLED screen doesn't light up any of those pixels which saves battery over time. Plus blacked out looks sexy. (Long live Holo)
Widgets and auto refresh - I use HD widgets for my clock/weather and i have it set to never auto refresh. I can do that on my own if i need to absolutely see if the weather has or is changing.

I use NOVA Prime and have customized other things such as the app drawer and icons to be black as well. Every little bit helps.

Again many would think this is ANAL and CRAZY to do. They say you shouldn't have to do all this for a phone ( and i somewhat agree to an extent ) but its MY phone and i could care less what others have to say with what i do with it. Your mileage may vary.

Good luck with your phone!

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21