Major Issues with 5.1.1

wezra

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
My S6 edge updated this morning to 5.1.1 without any issues.... seemingly. Then, in the afternoon, the problems started. My notification light (the blue light) stopped working. Then, I started getting notifications with apps that were turned off... it was a real mess. T-Mobile Tech Support tried their best to get the phone straightened out without any luck. We even reset the phone and still no luck. They determined the update was either corrupt or the phone had issues prior to the update and this just brought the issues to the surface. The fact is that I have had issues from the get-go. My feeling is that the software on the phone, out of the box, was corrupt as the phone has seemed to be on the brink of not working properly. A lot of little problems with notifications, apps cashing, constantly having to restart the phone, etc.

Long and short of it is T-Mobile is replacing the phone with a new S6 edge (not a refurbished one) and it will arrive tomorrow afternoon. This is the first phone I have gotten in 10 years from Tmo that has had severe issues and had to be replaced like this. I came to the S6 edge from an iPhone 6. I honestly hope I didn't make a big mistake.

Bwahahahaha

Banned
Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
My S6 edge updated this morning to 5.1.1 without any issues.... seemingly. Then, in the afternoon, the problems started. My notification light (the blue light) stopped working. Then, I started getting notifications with apps that were turned off... it was a real mess. T-Mobile Tech Support tried their best to get the phone straightened out without any luck. We even reset the phone and still no luck. They determined the update was either corrupt or the phone had issues prior to the update and this just brought the issues to the surface. The fact is that I have had issues from the get-go. My feeling is that the software on the phone, out of the box, was corrupt as the phone has seemed to be on the brink of not working properly. A lot of little problems with notifications, apps cashing, constantly having to restart the phone, etc.

Long and short of it is T-Mobile is replacing the phone with a new S6 edge (not a refurbished one) and it will arrive tomorrow afternoon. This is the first phone I have gotten in 10 years from Tmo that has had severe issues and had to be replaced like this. I came to the S6 edge from an iPhone 6. I honestly hope I didn't make a big mistake.

You didn't make mistake, you just got a dud. Hopefully you get one that works well this time. Mine is phenomenal! I had the iPhone 6 for a short while and it's no comparison.

Posted via the Android Central App

Nate512

Oct 1, 2014
Visit site
I have a tmo s6 edge from before launch day and have had zero issues. Sounds like you got a bad lemon from the get go. Sucks when it happens but it does. Cheer up I'm sure your new one is going to rock your socks off. Lol

Posted via S6 Edge on T-Mobile

Raptor007

Trusted Member
Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
I can agree on that, duds do happen and trust me apple is not immune to that. I purchased a brand new iPad Air 2 128GB from AT&T, worked properly out of the box, updated to the latest OS (this was a month or so ago) and voila, it was stuck in a bootloop for an hour. Had to force it to turn off, genius bar appt next day, they tell me they will replace it but it with a new unit but the box is plain so the info IMIE won't match the original box. In the end they told me to go to AT&T and after 5 phone calls and the royal run around I went to my local store. The returned it no questions asked, no restock and ordered me a new unit. So tech happens.