Battery Drain Question

FroggyStyle

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I know the S6 Edge has a smaller battery then my S5 had and expected it to peter out about sooner but I am getting around 10 hours tops. I have disabled most junk/bloat and am running my screen at about 30% still feels to be draining rather quickly. Does this seem to be about the norm with this device ?

Also yesterday I noticed when my battery got to 5% my screen went dim, like so dim I couldnt see sh*t.. I assumed this was caused by power save however both are off. Anyone else have this issue ?

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I know the S6 Edge has a smaller battery then my S5 had and expected it to peter out about sooner but I am getting around 10 hours tops. I have disabled most junk/bloat and am running my screen at about 30% still feels to be draining rather quickly. Does this seem to be about the norm with this device ?

Also yesterday I noticed when my battery got to 5% my screen went dim, like so dim I couldnt see sh*t.. I assumed this was caused by power save however both are off. Anyone else have this issue ?

There's plenty of threads on here and elsewhere about the S6 battery. You'll get the odd claim of 15-20hrs battery, but anyone can get that if they don't use it much.

I don't have one, but the general consensus seems to be that the battery isn't great, which isn't surprising when you compare how small it is versus how powerful the processor is. And the screen is mega too, which will kill a battery that small fast. Samsung have put their reliance on the fast-charging capabilities, which is fine... if you're near a charger. Otherwise, your only option is to carry an external battery pack.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I have pretty much everything enabled except wifi always-scanning, and I consistently get 16hrs/4hrs screen on with auto-brightness before I re-charge at about 15%. Verizon version (with advanced calling on). If I'm home all day and on wi-fi and disable location I can get 20hrs/5 screen, but I usually keep location on so that smart-unlock is activated so I don't have to fingerprint scan every time I use the phone.

FroggyStyle

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
I have pretty much everything enabled except wifi always-scanning, and I consistently get 16hrs/4hrs screen on with auto-brightness before I re-charge at about 15%. Verizon version (with advanced calling on). If I'm home all day and on wi-fi and disable location I can get 20hrs/5 screen, but I usually keep location on so that smart-unlock is activated so I don't have to fingerprint scan every time I use the phone.

hmmm. I do keep wifi on while at work as my signal strength in my office is some what shotty. I do however keep location off most of the time and like I said I have disabled most off the non needed items.. Guess I will have to do some more testing over the next few days and see if I can pinpoint the usage.

Have you had the screen dimming thing at 5% that I mentioned above or have you not had it get that low ?

Maknora

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Simple solution. Update all your apps. Then go to app storage and clear cache on your apps. It should be a one click approach and not per every app. Then reboot and do a wipe cache partition. Give it a few days to restructure ur partition and battery should become stable.

quangtran1

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
There's plenty of threads on here and elsewhere about the S6 battery. You'll get the odd claim of 15-20hrs battery, but anyone can get that if they don't use it much.

I don't have one, but the general consensus seems to be that the battery isn't great, which isn't surprising when you compare how small it is versus how powerful the processor is. And the screen is mega too, which will kill a battery that small fast. Samsung have put their reliance on the fast-charging capabilities, which is fine... if you're near a charger. Otherwise, your only option is to carry an external battery pack.
Battery life isn't anything to write home about, comparing to my Note 4, or iphone 6+. However, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Like many, I get 19-21 hours, with 3 hours SOT, with GPS, NFC always on. I have 8 email accounts, the normal FB, Twitter, Google+ crap. Bluetooth is enbled when I'm in the car. I've also rooted and frozen apps I don't need.
uploadfromtaptalk1434602814611.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1434602832724.jpg

Stwutter

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Battery life isn't anything to write home about, comparing to my Note 4, or iphone 6+. However, it's not as bad as people make it out to be. Like many, I get 19-21 hours, with 3 hours SOT, with GPS, NFC always on. I have 8 email accounts, the normal FB, Twitter, Google+ crap. Bluetooth is enbled when I'm in the car. I've also rooted and frozen apps I don't need.
View attachment 182275
View attachment 182276

Good. I'd proffer you're the exception as opposed to the rule, but good that the battery life suits you.