How can I get my badge app icon back on my S6 Edge?

zs85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
badge app icon s6 edge

Hi,
After I updated to android 5.1.1 on my S6 edge Ive lost my badge app icon aka notification count for whats app textra and other apps that used to show notification counts on them prior to the update ( android 5.0.2). I am using the normal touchwiz launcehr that came with my phone. I have used it as well before the update. I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem since updating with apps other than stock apps.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: badge app icon s6 edge

Welcome to the forums. I don't have the device myself, but I can ask around.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Hi,
After I updated to android 5.1.1 on my S6 edge Ive lost my badge app icon aka notification count for whats app textra and other apps that used to show notification counts on them prior to the update ( android 5.0.2). I am using the normal touchwiz launcehr that came with my phone. I have used it as well before the update. I was wondering if anyone has experienced the same problem since updating with apps other than stock apps.

Welcome to Android Central!

Try going in to the settings, sounds and notifications, notification access. You might have to give it access in there. I use TeslaUnread and it needed access in there to show me unread count on my icons.

zs85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Thank itgujax8430. I tried that didnt help. I think those apps need to update their software or its an android 5.1.1 compatibility issue with those apps. I tried nova with tesla but didnt like the fact that if I swiped the notification on lock screen it would clear the count.

itguyjax8430

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2013
Visit site

Thank itgujax8430. I tried that didnt help. I think those apps need to update their software or its an android 5.1.1 compatibility issue with those apps. I tried nova with tesla but didnt like the fact that if I swiped the notification on lock screen it would clear the count.

Yeah the new notification system is a little weird now. They really need to streamline it a little more. They have made it to complicated.

zs85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Yeah the new notification system is a little weird now. They really need to streamline it a little more. They have made it to complicated.

Agreed. I reached out to textra who replied and told me their developers will be looking into the issue. As for whatsapp I havent heard back from them.

zs85

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site

Textra people replied and they are working on it, as for whats app they replied and it worked.. This is the solution they provided

1. If you are able to open WhatsApp, create a manual backup by opening [WhatsApp] > [Menu Button] > [Settings] > [Chat Settings] > [Back up chats].
2. Delete WhatsApp by going to [System Settings] > [Manage applications] > [WhatsApp] > [Uninstall].
3. Access .whatsapp.com/android/ on your phone browser.
4. Tap "Download now" - the file will download as an APK file.
5. Open the APK file. Installation will begin automatically.

I believe the app has been updated on their website

rach3l84

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site

I just updated my phone and have the same problem. It's happening on my e-mail and facebook app. It just shows the icon badge circle, but no unread count. I contacted samsung and did a remote sign on so they can see the issue , but no luck fixing it. When I restart my phone it works, but anything new after that just shows the white bubble. Anyone have a fix?

rach3l84

Aug 18, 2015
Visit site
apparently it was the theme I was using. must not have corresponded well with the new update. I switched to another one to check and it worked fine. see if that helps any one else. thanks anyway

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unirockers