phone gets extremely hot in sun

aapold

May 15, 2011
Visit site
I know it sounds like a no brainer but when I put my phone on a car dock and it is in sunlight it gets almost painfully hot. I usually have a charger hooked up when I do this but without my case as it won't magnetically hold otherwise (see my mag dock thread).

Part of this is I think it ramps up the brightness (using auto) to way beyond manual 100%.

But I also wonder if the glass surface creates a mini greenhouse effect where UV rays pass the glass, hit the surface (I have the shiny gold surface which i hoped would help) reflect out as a different wavelength and can't escape the glass, just like a greenhouse.

Anyone else noticed this? I am worried not placing it on the dock during the day now...

Posted via the Android Central App

Gekko

Banned
May 15, 2010
Visit site
I know it sounds like a no brainer but when I put my phone on a car dock and it is in sunlight it gets almost painfully hot. I usually have a charger hooked up when I do this but without my case as it won't magnetically hold otherwise (see my mag dock thread).

Part of this is I think it ramps up the brightness (using auto) to way beyond manual 100%.

But I also wonder if the glass surface creates a mini greenhouse effect where UV rays pass the glass, hit the surface (I have the shiny gold surface which i hoped would help) reflect out as a different wavelength and can't escape the glass, just like a greenhouse.

Anyone else noticed this? I am worried not placing it on the dock during the day now...

Posted via the Android Central App

How To Take Care of Your Smartphone Battery the Right Way

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site

So what this is saying is that even though cell phone manufacturers are moving towards wireless charging, quick charging and non removable batteries the battery manufacturers make batteries that loose life significantly quicker by using these methods! Sounds like a conspiracy to sale new devices every 2yrs with new batteries because ppl will be frustrated with old phone battery life! So both the cell phone and battery manufacturers sale more products and the consumers spend more $!

Posted on my Galaxy S6 edge🔪(S is for Super) via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abes