Lightflow for LED Notifications

eddiesmiles

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
How did you get the Edge lighting to work with Light Flow? I had Light Flow downloaded and was able to set up all my notifications successfully, but couldn't the Edge lighting wouldn't work. I am also using the stock Messages app.

huntersmom08

Apr 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure what you are really asking. Are you saying that your edge lighting doesn't work if you have the lightflow enabled?? I have both edge and lightflow enabled and when I get a text from a favorite, it always shows the little color bar on the side with that favorite contact color I have set. I don't put my phone face down most of the time, but it still works with that as well.

Posted via the Android Central App

MaccaBird

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Light flow is very very buggy with 5.1.1. The dev said that Samsung changed how their notifications work, and it messed a lot of things up. It works, there are just side effects from doing a work around.

For example, I'll get duplicate vibrations for SMS/MMS. Or if I click on the notification and go into the app, sometimes the notification doesn't go away. Also (maybe this is a problem with an update to Google Messenger, but it started happening at the same time as I got 5.1.1), SMS apps only show the most recent text. If I have more than one conversation going, I'll only see the latest one to arrive (and so I'll maybe forget to look at the others).

CHERRYxMUSTANG

Apr 12, 2015
Visit site
I can't install lightflow and set up notifications at my local store. Perhaps someone else will help me.

I'm sure you may have already purchased a new phone, in case you havent though. I haven't tested all colors but purple, pink, green, light blue, white, and yellow work. However purple, white, yellow, and pink aren't perfect colors. You can see the three RGB LEDs lighting up to try and mix the light into those colors. So in example purple let's you see each LED with one being blue, the second a slight red, and the third one though it should be green it shows as white.

recDNA

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure you may have already purchased a new phone, in case you havent though. I haven't tested all colors but purple, pink, green, light blue, white, and yellow work. However purple, white, yellow, and pink aren't perfect colors. You can see the three RGB LEDs lighting up to try and mix the light into those colors. So in example purple let's you see each LED with one being blue, the second a slight red, and the third one though it should be green it shows as white.
Believe it or not I haven't purchased a new phone. I'm pretty addicted to Samsung but based on some reports about this generation ranging from something burning out in s6 to poor bluetooth in note 5 I may wait for the next generation of Samsung phones. I do not care about the built in battery (though it should be bigger) nor the lack of sd card (as long as 64 gb model doesn't cost a fortune) but I miss things nobody else cares bout like ir blaster and better rgb led for notifications.

I do appreciate the time it took you to check this out for me. I could not get it to work in vzw store but demo mode prolly screws it up.

Jami48

Jan 21, 2016
Visit site
After upgrading to 5.5.1, Light Flow quit showing any LED colors (or any LEDs, period) and stopped custom sounds. Custom vibrations still work and it shows up on the notifications. Essentially all the reasons for my having Light Flow have ceased to work. Light Flow says that Samsung screwed up the LEDs in 5.1.1 and it's not their fault. They provide a POSSIBLE workaround that didn't work for me. Getting ready to disable Light Flow, if not uninstall it entirely.

mariusfilip

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
i tried Led Blinker, Lightflow and Light Manager
Light Manager is the only one that works properly, make sure that when you activate the led in Light Manager, you have to disable led in the app that you want to use the led for, if you don't, the led will still blink a blue light.
Screenshot_2016-01-11-11-32-11.jpg,

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes