Question about texting on 6 Edge vs Samsung Galaxy S4?

mrl8810

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Question about texting on 6 Edge vs samsung galaxy S4

I Use to have a Samsung galaxy S4 and with the texting it would freeze up and lag when i would text( mind you I hadn't cleared my text in awhile) and it seemed like when i would clear my text it wouldn't lag as much, does anyone know if this happens with the Samsung S6 Edge? I ordered one today from Verizon so I was wondering before i get the phone if i need to clear text often.

floss776

Jun 4, 2015
Visit site
Re: Question about texting on 6 Edge vs samsung galaxy S4

Some people get it, some don't. My last s6e lagged like crazy, my new replacement doesn't even hesitate. I also never clear my texts

Posted via the Android Central App

prolongExistence

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

The issue isn't really the phone, it's the crap messaging app that Samsung preloads. I NEVER delete my text messages, so I have 1000s on my phone). When I had my S4 Active there was horrible lag. I downloaded Textra messaging app and the lag was gone. I currently use Textra on my S6 Edge (so does my wife). I also tried the Google Messaging app & Hangouts but they were a little to basic for my taste. On my Galaxy Nexus, I had the same issue and I used ChompSMS. I've also tried GoSMS (too bloated) in the past. Bottom line is.... it's not the device, it's the app. It's not designed to handle more than 500 messages, that's why by default they have it set to delete once you reach 500.

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

This is my first time back with samsung since the note 3...I can say the s6 is definitely snappier and I experience no lag

Posted via the Android Central App

the tall guy

Q&A Team
Sep 23, 2013
Visit site

Agree with everyone above, you won't have lag in the messaging app. well nothing compared to the lag you would have experiences in the S4. If you do download a few messaging apps and try them out: Google Messenger, Hangouts, Textra etc.

TANDC

Jul 15, 2011
Visit site

I think the stock up is terrible force closed it and use Google Messenger and like others no issues also.

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site

Hello! I am new to this site, and I am having a horrible time getting my s6e to work properly with anything but the stock messaging system, which I absolutely hate! The issue is that if I use an app like handcent, which is my fav, the edge lighting and all the things that make it the "edge" don't work. Does yours work with Textra? Thank you!

MattKerwin

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site

I've been using stock as it works best with my gear 2...no issues here and I like the app...

The more and more threads I read across Mobile Nations with people and app related problems are for 3rd party apps...primarly texting apps...think people should test drive the stock apps when getting a phone to find a good fit

Posted via the Android Central App via my S6 Edge

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zatarabr