Can I get some help with a Galaxy S6 Edge texting problem?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S6 Edge Texting Problems.

Ok, so I was using an iPhone 4S for a little bit because I had broken my LGG3. I then got the S6 Edge and loved it but have had several issues with receiving texts and sometimes calls from iPhone users. I completely erased everything tying my apple account to my phone number. Deactivated iMessages and Facetime on the phone AND through the webpage and still having issues. Sometimes I won't receive the texts at all or they won't or I will receive it hours later or vice versa. There has been numerous occasions where friends try and call me and it won't ring or I call them and it rings on my end but not there's. It's driving me crazy because I have no clue how to fix any of this. Anyone have any suggestions?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 Edge Texting Problems.

Welcome to the forums. Have you tried calling apple to make sure that iMessage is completely disabled? I think your friends need to send you a standard text message as well.

jonnycavazi

Jul 1, 2015
Visit site

Thank you!
I haven't gotten a chance to call Apple yet, but they are sending me normal text messages. I can receive group texts and pictures as normal but the texts are very inconsistent. Sometimes I receive them sometimes I don't. It's the weirdest thing.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

It still might be an iMessage conflict. But let us know what happens.

From my G4
Android Central Ambassador Team Leader

rambo47

Sep 17, 2010
Visit site

**Supposedly** Apple improved users' ability to log out of iMessage and have their number released from the iMessage servers, but it's still hit-or-miss. Last time I switched to a BlackBerry for a few days I had to call Apple, but they were great about it and the servers released my number immediately after the call.

dropn1s

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site

I've had android for a year and still have text issues with friends and family with iphones. You need to ask them to delete all previous text threads that you were apart of with iMessage.

Posted via the Android Central App

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

I'm having loads of problems with group texts. They work fine for a couple of weeks and then *poof* I'm not getting texts from one or all the participants. Then everyone has to delete the thread and restart it. Then it will work fine for about 2 weeks.

AT&T says it's the way the GS6 handles MMS messages, Samsung thinks it's because the thread gets too large and I think it's imessage related. Meanwhile nobody can fix it. It's very frustrating and will probably drive me back to the iPhone in the Fall.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

akutch34

Trusted Member
May 26, 2011
Visit site

make sure your friends don't use the same message thread they were using when you had imessage. have them delete the thread and create a new one with you. I've seen that solve the issue a few times.

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

It seems the Samsung dude at the Experience Store in my local Best Buy has fixed my group messaging woes. I think he just cleared the app data and cleared the cache in recovery mode and my group thread has been working for a month now. Yay!

Sent from a far away Galaxy

tlo07

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site

Nevermind. Group thread broken-- again.

Sent from a far away Galaxy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech