Unable to transfer photos to Windows desktop

tmlaj

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Hi all just got a new samsung s6 edge previously an apple user and really annoyed by this phone, all I hear from friends is apple is so crap well I've never had an issue with iphones for me they worked how they were meant to work, now I have the s6 edge and problem after problem doing the most basic of things, the most annoying of which is photos.

I'm trying to drag photos from the dcim folder of the phone to my windows 8.1 desktop, obviously connected by usb I have the drivers installed etc have used both the mtp and ptp options in phone, neither option works each time I drag to desktop all the windows close screen turns grey like explorer crashes and the desktop refreshes, also done copy and paste does the same thing.

I don't want to use software as only way to do it which is slow and laborious is like google photos etc. surely if its treated as a storage device just copy and drag, really annoyed as it should be so simple, has anyone else experienced this or have a fix to this?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
There's either something monumentally wrong with your phone or your Windows installation. Files should just copy (or drag) across. I've never had any Android phone do what yours is doing. Bring the phone back to the carrier and lt them try it. (You don't need drivers installed to copy files from an MTP or PTP device.)

tmlaj

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
its annoying I can drag stuff to the phone like music and photos just drag anything out and does the above closes down and refreshes, have emailed samsung and will await their reply.

I can drag files from my external seagate no problem so maybe not pc side as surely that wouldn't work either if it was, so yes looking like phone maybe? as I say can drag to but not from, annoyed big time might swap back to apple as everything just worked!

Last edited:

tmlaj

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Well its someting to do with my phone and pc as it connects drags and drops on wifes laptop no issues, both 8.1 and followed all the same steps as my pc, installed samsungs USB driver automaticslly phone set to mtp mode.

Not done anything to my pc as quite new all other drives allow for click and drag or copy and paste just not its phone, will await samsungs email and go from there