S6 Edge Microscratches?

Cass Sanchez

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Okay so I just got my s6 Edge not even a week ago, and even bought a screen protector and the polarised case. Last night after removing the screen protector (I usually hate having them on, so taking them off right away is normal for me) there are a ton of micro scratches on the screen now. I don't know if it was a manufacturing problem, or if I did something myself, but I am beyond OCD about things like this, and I want a fix. I even called up my carrier and all they said was I needed to buy a new screen protector, but I don't want to throw away another $35. I'm really bugged by this because there are over 50 micro scratches all over the right side of the screen. Please help.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Have you always had the screen protector on, from day one? If not, then the screen might have gotten scratched by things like change or keys in your pocket. Gorilla Glass is scratch-resistant, but it's not a 100% guarantee that you'll never get a scratch.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
And the scratches are in an area where the screen protector was? That is, you're not talking about the edge part of the screen, right?

Have you already tried buffing the screen with a good microfiber cloth?

Jul 13, 2015
Visit site
Hey Cass,

Did you get the S6 protector or the S6 Edge protector?
When I got my phone (S6 Edge) I bought the protector for it. The specific one that fits nicely over the edges and cover the whole screen area.
The next morning when I woke up the edges of the protector lifted up. I expected it because the guy from the store said it will happen. Apparently it happens with all the S6 Edge's.
If you got the S6 protector, you will notice more (micro) scratches on the edge where the protector do not cover the glass.

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Cass, I'm OCD myself and that would bother me a lot. I would return the phone and get a replacement. Even if it meant getting the replacement from another location. I would make sure the new one is perfect before leaving the store with it. That's how OCD I am.

Sent from Elegance

Cass Sanchez

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I was in the store for hours yesterday fighting with tmobile and they refused to do anything. They said the only thing they can do is a warranty exchange. They said there's a large possibility that I'll just get a refurbished phone, but I'm not going to spend as much money as I am now on a used phone. I told them that and they said, hey you can buy a new screen protector.

Cass Sanchez

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
I did get the edge protector, but they guy who did it did such a slap dash job of putting it on the phone, there were annoying air bubbles underneath it.

kuhns787

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I would call the customer care for Samsung and complain maybe you can get somewhere with them. Its the carriers fault they should make the dumb A that put the screen protector on the phone replace it out of his paycheck. I am OCD too and I would force them to take care of you if you have to call corporate for the Carrier as well. Good Luck.

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
Did you look to see if the scratches were there before they put the protector on it? Maybe the person who put it on in the store caused the scratches and you just couldn't see them until you took the protector off!

Cass Sanchez

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Okay guys so here the deal.

I pulled a warrenty exchange, got a new perfect phone and guess what. Scratched to he'll the next day. Realised it's the case I'm using, which is the gold smart case for the edge. It's been scratching my phone the whole time. I'm super pissed off at this. Samsung has lost a customer, because of this shanty workmenship.