Tried the edge, was not for me

Derek Danforth

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
The phone overheated, lagged because of touchwiz, and seems very fragile. I loved the look and feel of it but it did not perform like a flagship phone should. I went to the Nexus 6 and could not be happier. It's buttery smooth and looks as good to me. No hate toward Samsung but I wish they would make a phone that was just vanilla Android. I recommend any new Motorola phone, I have the second gen Moto X as well and it performs faster with normal tasks than the edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

Rometheus

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Did you try a different launcher with the edge? Glad you like your Nexus 6. Was gonna go that route but opted for the $1 deal on upgrade for the Note 4 at Best Buy. How has the battery been on the N6?

~Blessed From My Note 4~

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
The phone overheated, lagged because of touchwiz, and seems very fragile. I loved the look and feel of it but it did not perform like a flagship phone should. I went to the Nexus 6 and could not be happier. It's buttery smooth and looks as good to me. No hate toward Samsung but I wish they would make a phone that was just vanilla Android. I recommend any new Motorola phone, I have the second gen Moto X as well and it performs faster with normal tasks than the edge.

I have none of these issues. Nor does anyone around me. 2 in my house and many co workers. All are very snappy and fast. Only time I hear issues is here. Maybe because people usually only post when they have issues. People without issues rarely post.

Derek Danforth

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Did you try a different launcher with the edge? Glad you like your Nexus 6. Was gonna go that route but opted for the $1 deal on upgrade for the Note 4 at Best Buy. How has the battery been on the N6?

~Blessed From My Note 4~

I tried all different launchers but I would just like my phone to work the way it supposed to with the default launcher. The battery life is way better on the Nexus 6 but I feel like it could be better, not upset about it. I was going to choose the Note 4 instead of the Edge but I wanted the faster and newer one.

Derek Danforth

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I have none of these issues. Nor does anyone around me. 2 in my house and many co workers. All are very snappy and fast. Only time I hear issues is here. Maybe because people usually only post when they have issues. People without issues rarely post.

I am glad you don't have the issues I had, I wish I did not have them because I would still be using that phone. They are fast when using a game or app if it doesn't crash but not when going through the phone otherwise. Everything took longer to load or appear than normal. No reason to post if you have no issues usually.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I am glad you don't have the issues I had, I wish I did not have them because I would still be using that phone. They are fast when using a game or app if it doesn't crash but not when going through the phone otherwise. Everything took longer to load or appear than normal. No reason to post if you have no issues usually.

I reread my post. Thought it sounded a little harsh. For that I apologize. Just saying, out here in experience for me and around me I see no issues. Only when I come here do I see any. One thing I do notice is, I can go in any forum here there are mostly posts about issues. So that's when people tend to post. To a person doing research, they may take that to mean that the phones are bad period; when that is not the case.

If I were looking on here before buying and wasn't experienced with Android, I probably wouldn't buy anything if I based it completely on research here. I would've missed out on what I believe is the best phone ever. Not a problem. Fast, snappy, great battery life for me and those around me. I hate that yours isn't working right for you. When it is it's hard to beat.

Derek Danforth

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
I reread my post. Thought it sounded a little harsh. For that I apologize. Just saying, out here in experience for me and around me I see no issues. Only when I come here do I see any. One thing I do notice is, I can go in any forum here there are mostly posts about issues. So that's when people tend to post. To a person doing research, they may take that to mean that the phones are bad period; when that is not the case.

If I were looking on here before buying and wasn't experienced with Android, I probably wouldn't buy anything if I based it completely on research here. I would've missed out on what I believe is the best phone ever. Not a problem. Fast, snappy, great battery life for me and those around me. I hate that yours isn't working right for you. When it is it's hard to beat.

I didn't take your post negatively at all. I would have loved the phone had it not been for those issues. I agree the forums aren't a good place to look before you buy an android phone, you have to go try them out in person.

jd03ctd

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Yes I think it's definitely laggy. The keyboard is especially bad and I've tried the google and swiftkey kb's. My wife has the iPhone 6 and it does not lag at all.I can type like a beast on it and it keeps up fine.

Derek Danforth

Jul 7, 2015
Visit site
Yes I think it's definitely laggy. The keyboard is especially bad and I've tried the google and swiftkey kb's. My wife has the iPhone 6 and it does not lag at all.I can type like a beast on it and it keeps up fine.

I experienced this as well. It was frustrating because I thought I was getting the best phone available. My wife's iPhone 6 was way more stable to use compared to the Edge.

oscarnyc

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It's frustratingly the luck of the draw with these things. Got my edge a month before my wife got her iphone 6. She's already been to Apple store twice because her phone freezes and needs rebooting a couple of times a day. My edge has frozen once in almost 3 months.

TheGeekNextDoor

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I have not been very happy with the Edge. Not sure I will buy another samssung phone again. The keyboard gets laggy. I had to change out the launcher to be able to have the camera launch in under 5-10 seconds. I really want to like android for all that it is, but I'm just having a difficult time when I see my wife and children having no battery problems or complaining about lag on their iPhone. Hell...I may even consider going to a windows phone. I'm just looking for some stability, good camera, and a battery that doesn't run out of juice for some crazy reason.

There are known security issues with this phone, and I'm still without an update. They can blame AT&T all they want, but my iDevices are updated the day apple makes it available.

I will consider it a good phone when I'm not constantly having to see what is chewing up the battery throughout the day.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781