Samsung S6 Edge NETWORK UNLOCK REQUEST UNSUCCESSFUL O2. What should I do?

ZakHarris

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Samsung S6 Edge NETWORK UNLOCK REQUEST UNSUCCESSFUL O2

Hi,

So I have the S6 Edge bought from O2 directly. I requested a code to unlock the phone and they had given it me via email. I put in my non-02 sim card and it pops up with a screen. Enter that code in and get the 'Network unlock request unsuccessfull'. They on O2 told me to try it again-for the third time (and I noted to them it will block if you try it 3 times and they said it's fine). Upon trying it again the same error. Just not working. It's been almost 2 months now. They have checked if it's the right code and said yes it is. Now they said they will contact O2 and it will take a week (7 working days) before they get back to me.

Any ideas on what's wrong? And O2 are seriously messing this about. It's been 2 months and nothing has been fixed. My phone is still locked onto O2.

ZakHarris

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: Samsung S6 Edge NETWORK UNLOCK REQUEST UNSUCCESSFUL O2

Hi,
Besides the unlock code, do you have any extra codes, like defreeze, for example?

Hi,
The only code I have from O2 is an unlatching code (unlocking code). They have not given me any defreeze code or anything like that. I've tried the unlatching code again upon inserting a non-o2 sim card and I have the exact same error. It does say on the email if you type it 3 types incorrectly it will be blocked..but theres no blocked message just a: 'Network unlock request unsuccessfull' message. O2 have told me to wait another week. This is running up to 2 months now..

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

Might be worth just spending the 10 or 20 quid for someone on eBay to give you an unlock code. If that unlock code also doesn't work, I'd return the device. I've had very good luck with those services.

Posted via the Android Central App

ZakHarris

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

Might be worth just spending the 10 or 20 quid for someone on eBay to give you an unlock code. If that unlock code also doesn't work, I'd return the device. I've had very good luck with those services.

Posted via the Android Central App

This unlock code has been tested by the people at O2 and they said it's surely the correct one. I asked them to return it they said they have to wait for a reply from O2. I bought it from an O2 store -_-, and it's been more than 30 days..I still have the receipt though. Everytime I talk to them on the phone they say I have to wait for the escalation process..etc just keep blagging me.

WP7Nettwerk

May 21, 2015
Visit site

O2 is ever worst company. Did you ask unlock phone talking with CS in the shop or by phone? I unlocked three phones by fill unlock for in O2 website. Maybe IMEI number wrong. (More true can be).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

ZakHarris

Jul 28, 2015
Visit site

O2 is ever worst company. Did you ask unlock phone talking with CS in the shop or by phone? I unlocked three phones by fill unlock for in O2 website. Maybe IMEI number wrong. (More true can be).

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah I went in store, they wrote down my IMEI number and in the store filled out the form and everything and said I should receive an email very soon and I did. The email included the code so the code is right since I had them check. I'm going to give them a ring today to see what progress has been made. I asked them can I have a replacement and they just keep refusing.
O2 is the worst company -_-