S6 Edge rear camera cracked

Daniel Mlambo

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
I received my edge on Tuesday and it was locked. On my way to the gurus i found out that my rear camera had cracked as i took it out of my trousers pocket. Is this a common problem?

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
It really shouldn't crack that easily, even though the camera bump will make it more susceptible to damage.

Take it back to Samsung to have it checked, and I would also recommend getting a case that's thick enough to cover the camera bump.

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Cameras are definitely an important feature on modern flagships and the Galaxy S6 Edge is no different with the 16MP camera proving to be one of the best all rounders on the market. Having used most flagships over the past year, I have a fair reference point and for me, the S6 Edge still has the best smartphone camera, although the LG G4 comes very close. For the past few days I was visiting Vienna, Austria and the Galaxy S6 Edge took all my photos; apart from a few noisy low light shots, the results were very impressive.

He was asking if the camera cracking in his jeans is a common issue with other S6 owners.

He wasn't asking how good the camera was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463