Is anyone updating on Friday?

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
So, from what I've seen, under the hood, the S6 Edge Plus and the Note 5 are the same. The N5 seems to have a larger screen by a very, very tiny amount. Battery size of the Note series has always been a plus for me, but now that isn't an issue.

I'm updating Friday. My plan right now is to go with the S6E+ as I am keeping my Note 4. I won't know for sure though until I get my hands on them on Friday.

Anyone else getting one of the new phones Friday?

Ryan Oneill

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I have the edge+ and I'm loving it so far the extra real estate on that beautiful scree is just a treat. For me I'm just not inclined to get the Note 5 but I will review it no doubt if it ever comes to UK

Posted via the Android Central App

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I have the edge+ and I'm loving it so far the extra real estate on that beautiful scree is just a treat. For me I'm just not inclined to get the Note 5 but I will review it no doubt if it ever comes to UK

Yeah seems it won't be on the UK for a year, if at all.

If the screens and battery weren't basically the same, I would be inclined to go with the N5.

Since the S6E+ has the large screen, almost the same size, and the same size battery and RAM, etc.. I believe I will be getting the S6E+ on Friday and not the N5. Eventually though I will be getting a N5 also.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I like the edge so far. Since the battery will be the same as the N5 and the screen is the same size basically, I'm good. That is the only thing I prefer my N4 rather than my S6E.. Battery and smaller screen on the S6E. I'm glad they made the new one with the bigger battery and screen.

Keltian

Oct 13, 2014
Visit site
I just got my S6 Edge this week so I won't be getting the S6 Edge +. I would like the larger screen so I might get it in a few months after they work all the kinks out.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Well I have T-Mobile so I can upgrade 3 times in 12 months.

After watching the videos from The Verge, I think I'm leaning to the Note 5 now..

dfb8085

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Don't think so. Just got the s6 edge a few months ago so not ready yet. I may go with the note 5 next year when the note 6 will probably be out. I usually stay about a generation behind because I seem to have less problems that way

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Played with the S6 edge+ at the AT&T store today and found its screen somewhat brighter than my S6 edge. I wasn't expecting that. I have to say, it is even more beautiful than the S6 edge. My new company is getting me an iPhone, so unfortunately I'm switching over, but if it were not for that, I'd be very tempted, especially because with 4GB ram, I suspect any remaining minor lag issues will disappear.

trucksmoveamerica#AC

Trusted Member
Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
I did, got the s6 edge last week, returned it an pre-ordered the note 5. The edge adds very little benefit, I use the s pen a lot more and I don't use that a lot.

I was very disappointed in the edge features on the s6 edge.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I did, got the s6 edge last week, returned it an pre-ordered the note 5. The edge adds very little benefit, I use the s pen a lot more and I don't use that a lot.

I was very disappointed in the edge features on the s6 edge.

I thought I was going to be updating to the S6 Edge Plus, but I went to look at both last night. I'm going with the N5.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I thought I was going to be updating to the S6 Edge Plus, but I went to look at both last night. I'm going with the N5.

Any reason in specific? I went to see both yesterday and for some reason I simply hated the white N5 that was shown, something in the color didn't seem right, doesn't look like the S6 edge white pearl, but in addition to that the feel in hand was definitely strange for me with the Note, the Edge plus was very similar to my actual S6 edge, so that made me feel a more familiar feeling.

I'm also trying to decide which one I'll get if I finally decide to get just another phone, it has been 13 since last year, not one day I think I'm sure it's the Note, then the Edge plus and still nothing for sure.

TheDonJ77

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I think I will be updating to the Note 5. S6 Edge has been fun to use but the battery life, RAM issues, restarts and freezes has taken a hit on my user experience. Hopefully I will have better fortune

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

sheba510

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I will go to the T-mobile store and check out the Note 5. Not sure if I will get it. I like the idea of the stylus and taking notes with the screen off. Also hoping the battery lasts longer than the edge.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Any reason in specific? I went to see both yesterday and for some reason I simply hated the white N5 that was shown, something in the color didn't seem right, doesn't look like the S6 edge white pearl, but in addition to that the feel in hand was definitely strange for me with the Note, the Edge plus was very similar to my actual S6 edge, so that made me feel a more familiar feeling.

I'm also trying to decide which one I'll get if I finally decide to get just another phone, it has been 13 since last year, not one day I think I'm sure it's the Note, then the Edge plus and still nothing for sure.

Well, the upgrades in the spen are why. They are better to me than the upgrade in the Edge.

As far as how it felt in my hand, it was wonderful and I've had every Note. It feels much, much lighter than the N4 and isn't as wide as the N4 and not as thick either.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think I will be updating to the Note 5. S6 Edge has been fun to use but the battery life, RAM issues, restarts and freezes has taken a hit on my user experience. Hopefully I will have better fortune

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

The S6 Edge Plus and the Note 5 are the exact same phone inside. The only difference with them is the N5 screen is a tiny, tiny, tiny amount larger and of course, one has the spen and one has the edge.

If someone doesn't use an spen, I would go right the Edge Plus.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I will go to the T-mobile store and check out the Note 5. Not sure if I will get it. I like the idea of the stylus and taking notes with the screen off. Also hoping the battery lasts longer than the edge.

Batteries on both phones are the same this time. All the specs are the same except a small difference on screen size. It isn't even a noticeable difference.

MRS DIVA

Feb 24, 2014
Visit site
Kelly,
I thought the Note 5 and S6 Edge Plus had the same screen size of 5.7 inches?

vamp07

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I went to the T Mobile store with every intention of swapping my s6 edge for either the plus or a note but they had no 64 gig models in stock. They actually didn't get any in. Is the 32gig model really the prevailing favorite. People are so short sighted. These same buyers are the sane ones that then complain that they have no memory on their devices.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol