Notifications receiving late or not at all

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,
I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I sometimes don't get notified at all of a new email and I need to refresh the gmail and or it will show on the widget but no notification on the lock screen and or sound or vibrate. I have it set to alert me for every email and it doesn't. This also happens with yahoo but not as often. I do receive notifications right away with my iPad .. Some other apps as well I am notified right away. I have done a wipe cache partition and also cached data delete. I also tried to uninstall the updates and reinstalled and nothing. I'm guessing it has to do with the apps itself because I receive all notifications right away with my texts and fb messages. A little upsetting that I've never had this issue with my iPad, it was either this phone or the iPhone 6 and now I'm having regrets. I'm running 5.1.1 with T-Mobile.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Are you only using the stock Email app, or does this also happen with the Gmail app? The stock Email app may have a refresh interval of 15 minutes or longer, so could that be why email notifications seem to be delayed? The Gmail app should be more real-time, so I wouldn't expect notifications to be delayed there.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I haven't experienced the same problem but I could share an app I have on my phone. It's "Hooks Alerts for Everything" which allows me to receive notifications right away about daily news, newest blogs and TV shows schedules. You may download it here for free, https://bnc.lt/download-hooks

The OP is asking about Gmail and Email notifications, not news or media notifications.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Are you only using the stock Email app, or does this also happen with the Gmail app? The stock Email app may have a refresh interval of 15 minutes or longer, so could that be why email notifications seem to be delayed? The Gmail app should be more real-time, so I wouldn't expect notifications to be delayed there.

Yes Gmail. I notice it doesn't always do it, it's annoying though that my Gmail app on my iPad gets notifications so quick and it could take a while sometimes to be alerted on my phone over a email. Hopefully a Gmail update will fix this.

Rydsmith

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Your Google Play Services are probably being forced closed due to the oh so amazing RAM management of the S6/S6e. With those closed you can't received Google based notifications like GMail, Hangouts, etc...

Posted via the Android Central App

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Your Google Play Services are probably being forced closed due to the oh so amazing RAM management of the S6/S6e. With those closed you can't received Google based notifications like GMail, Hangouts, etc...

Posted via the Android Central App

I think that's what it probably is 😓

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae