Need help: Note 5 or S6?

bigjunior45

Jan 2, 2012
Visit site
I currently have an iPhone 6+ and I'm looking to ditch it for a Samsung Galaxy device. Here are some of my reasons why I want each device so if you have any helpful tips or personal experiences please chime in. I only use my smartphone to watch YouTube videos, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and some occasional web browsing. I don't play that much games on my device if any. Also I have Verizon so please why should I pick one phone over the other

Note 5 Pro's:
- I like the 5.7" screen size don't know if I'll ever go below 5.5" not a deal breaker
- S-Pen not sure how much I'll use it and never really used a Note before
- Fast wireless charging is nice to have when I'm gone from home for the day and not near an outlet
- Bigger Battery

Note 5 Cons:
- No 128GB storage
- no IR blaster
- S-Pen like is said above not sure how much I'll use it or if I'll like it. What's so cool about it?
- Limited amount of cases compared to S6

S6 Pro's:
- IR blaster. My Samsung TV remote is broke so this would come in handy
- 128GB storage
- Way more cases to choose from

S6 Cons:
-Battery. I've heard it's bad where my 6+ is damn good. Did the 5.1.1 update really fix this battery issue?
- Screen size. Maybe 5.1" is enough for me but I'll just have to put it side by side with the Note 5 when that's available at my best buy.

gummyjelly

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
One reason I haven't gone back to iPhone is because of the ir blaster. I upgraded from the Note 4 and to be honest I love how it's smaller and fit much better in my hand. Maybe try out the edge plus as well? I don't have issues with the battery but I have to admit my Note 4 had a better longer lasting battery. The phone charges very fast so charging when is needed is no biggie for me.

RN50

Apr 15, 2015
Visit site
I'd also wait 3-4 weeks as I'm 100% sure a 128GB model will be released. When the s6 edge was release the 128GB took at least 2-3 weeks to hit the stores maybe Samsung wanted people for get the 32gb and 64gb before screwing them with a 128gb release date.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36