Galaxy S6 Edge camera settings will not stay on, what can be down?

A

AC Question

Galaxy S6 Edge camera settings will not stay on

I open the camera on the Galaxy S6 Edge by pressing the camera icon. The camera screen appears, and at the top of the camera screen is the settings gearwheel icon along with Auto, Off, HDR On and Effect.

But, when tapping the settings gearwheel icon the Camera Settings menu appears for a fraction of a second before the screen reverts. I can't get at the Camera Settings no matter how many times I try; the menu is on for an instant - then gone, and the screen is as before. What's to be done?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S6 Edge camera settings will not stay on

Welcome to AC.

Try it with the device in Safe Mode.
Tell us what happens.

Posted via the Android Central App

ScottLoar

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site

I opened the device in Safe Mode. Still in Safe Mode I pressed the camera icon, then pressed the settings gearwheel icon on the toolbar. Same thing happens: the camera settings menu appears for the briefest instant, then the screen reverts back to the camera screen. In other words, same as before.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Welcome as a new member. :)

Rebooting into normal Mode is usually done by a Power Off and Restart. Does this not work for you?

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site

Welcome as a new member. :)

Rebooting into normal Mode is usually done by a Power Off and Restart. Does this not work for you?

Correct that should work.

ScottLoar

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site

I just did as you suggest: Pressed the power on-off button, the choices appear in a box, pressed the green icon labeled Restart, the phone went off then came back on. I then went to the camera icon, pressed it, then pressed the gearwheel icon on the extreme left side of the tool bar to call up the camera settings menu. The camera settings menu appears for an instant, then all reverts to the previous screen. In short, no, pressing restart doesn't work.

ScottLoar

Aug 17, 2015
Visit site

I have made no modifications to the camera nor downloaded any camera apps or software. The camera is a function I never bother with except to take simple pictures. I've had this Galaxy S6 Edge for three months and did not even know about the Camera Settings until watching a video yesterday on the phone's functions. I went to open the Camera Settings and discovered this problem - the Camera Settings screen will not stay on but reverts back to the previous screen. I can't get at the Camera Settings.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

In that case, perhaps a warranty return is indicated.

Datboitjay

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site

I open the camera on the Galaxy S6 Edge by pressing the camera icon. The camera screen appears, and at the top of the camera screen is the settings gearwheel icon along with Auto, Off, HDR On and Effect.

But, when tapping the settings gearwheel icon the Camera Settings menu appears for a fraction of a second before the screen reverts. I can't get at the Camera Settings no matter how many times I try; the menu is on for an instant - then gone, and the screen is as before. What's to be done?

Turn off the dont keep applications in your developer options. That worked for me.