Whats going on?

ctpmcchooch

Aug 20, 2015
Visit site
So I plug my edge into my computer(done it plenty of times before but not recently) It vibrates like crazy the charging icon going on and off and windows says not recognized, i thought maybe it wasn't fully plugged into phone or the usb slot but it was. Next battery % shoots all over the place then phone dies and comes back on with this weird screen that says "downloading do not turn off target" among-st some other things. Now when i plug it in to charge with the plug adapter this happens now and it goes to that weird downloading screen, did I get a virus or something from my computer? Phone works fine after I did the power + volume down to get out of that screen but so I can't charge it now or it goes to that screen, I don't want to lose all my photos ect. what should I do?

Edit: It just said "the dock is connected" some major problem with the power plug in socket?

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Possible foreign object (lint?) in the phone socket. Same thing happened to my wife's Blackberry. I caught her trying to clean it out with a sewing needle. I stopped her just in time. You do not want to stick anything metal in there. Use a wooden or better yet a flexible plastic toothpick.

Good luck!