Apps Dissappeared From App List

Daanyaal Khan

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded tons of apps for my galaxy s6 edge 64 gb so i made groups according to the app type but yesterday i went to a snow park where the temperature was like -7°C so when we got out, it showed that my sim card was removed so i restarted it. When it switched on, all those groups were gone except one which had facebook, tumblr and vine. When i see my installed apps on the play store, it shows all of them (the apps which dissappeared) are still installed. They also appear in the app manager. Please help!

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you install the apps from Google Play Store? Are the groups you created in the App Drawer, or are they folders on the homescreen? When you say the apps are gone, are they no longer visible in the App Drawer?

Try wiping the cache partition, which won't erase any personal data: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-21095

Daanyaal Khan

Jun 14, 2015
Visit site
Yes i installed the apps from the play store and i created the folders on the app drawer and yes they dissapeared from the app drawer

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you change the App Drawer display to just alphabetical (i.e, without folders)? Do the apps show up that way?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Select one of those apps in the App Manager. Is there a button there that says Move to Phone?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There's something you can try, but it'll wipe your homescreens clean, and you'll have to set them up again. Go to the App Manager, select the TouchWiz launcher (it might be called TouchWiz, TouchWiz Home, or TouchWiz Launcher) and Clear Cache/Clear Data. This will leave you with blank homescreens, which you can set up again by dragging and dropping shortcuts or widgets. I'm hoping that this will also clear out any funky data in the App Drawer (which is part of the launcher), and it'll repopulate with all of your current apps.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000