Is the S6 edge that bad?

neebi007

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Im with samsung since s3 and never looked back. People tell apple this apple that and i laugh thinking BS. Apple is closed form phone like no open development where as android is open and you see new development daily.
As for edge heating dont use fast charger too much. As for battery disable all bloatware in ur application section and it will last double the time. Plus screen is big too which uses alot of battery. Keep it aito brightness and it will help.
As compare between two phones apple or samsung? Samsung has edge 😁

Dima Concepts

Jan 10, 2016
Visit site
Well maybe others got lucky and I got a crappy model. I love my Edge and by far better than iPhone. though having said that after having my phone for three months, it overheated and repeatly rebooted to a point it was unuseable. Got so HOT that I had to leave it on the windowsill overnight to cool down, woke up the next morning and found that my phone is now a brick, refused to boot up or even charge. Thinking of getting the extended warranty with my provider cause I suspect it will happen again when it get returned to me from Samsung.

taymur

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
my experience is great with this phone (1 month owner). it is a very well made device in and out.

android is clunky on the other hand, first time switching to android (4 years windows phone user), i am experiencing culture shock, for example i had to enable snooze :S that to me is weird as hell.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I went from a galaxy note 4 to the s6 edge. It was a mistake. The s6 edge is a great phone, well made, and does everything right. But it is its major limitations that forced me to get an LG V10. Now, like is said, the s6 edge is a great phone, but you've got to get used to the fact that you will not get a full day out of the battery, nor will you be able to store a great deal of pictures, music and especially videos. Even with the 64gb variant wouldn't hold enough for a heavy user. My V10 has 192 gigs of storage and a swappable battery. To be honest, ive yet to have to swap it out. But knowing I can, especially when I fly and watch one of the 11 full length (try to put that on the s6 edge) HD movies to enjoy while flying. So you've got to decide exactly what you want in a phone. If you're not a heavy user and don't need the storage and power then go with the s6 edge. Need something more elite and really loaded, the V10 is your option. I'm glad I bought it. By the way, that second screen is no gimmick, it's a very useful tool.

Posted via Android Central App

barondebxl

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
I mean this in absolute honesty, it's the best looking phone of all time in my opinion. The battery life is mediocre though

Posted via the Android Central App

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
IT'S A GREAT PHONE IF YOU DON'T MIND THE LIMITATIONS-come on you all know what I'm referring to. Ive had samsung phones forever. I especially loved the note 2. It's the first phone that I actually kept for 2 years. It was still a fantastic phone when I sold it and the person who bought it thinks its absolutely the greatest. Then I went to the note 4. Same feelings for that phone. I still own it. When the note 5 was introduced without an sd card slot and removable battery,was heartbroken. So I got the s6, 64gb (at the time 128gb was not an option) . It does everything right but what good is it, if you can't make it through the day without draining the battery. Some of us don't have access to an outlet during the work day. Even flying, I can't put my movies on this phone for lack of room. Even if it had more gigs, you'd run out of power first. So I use the s6, as much as I love it, for my backup,if needed. I went out and bought the lg v10 that has 64gb internal plus a 128 gb sd. Couple that with a replaceable battery and im good to go a whole day plus. I'm happy to see samsung bringing back the sd card slot and a much bigger battery. But, from what I heard the lg g5 may give the s7 a run for the money. It'll be interesting.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I don't think many people realize that some of us get the phone solely for its looks.

The S6 edge and the plus variants are probably the most unique and the sexiest phones in the market right now. The feel in hand is unparallel to everything else.

And it doesn't hurt if that design has the best camera, best screen, a good software experience, fair battery life and only a few issues.

If you want better battery you can get the plus variant. I don't like big phones so I make that compromise. Although I must mention that the battery life has been improved so much since the launch.

The design. Is what this phone provides you with. And that's all I need to be honest.

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
The good that came out of the s6 and its variants, is that samsung has learned that no matter how "pretty" a phone looks, its got to deliver what potential buyers want and need. The s6 could have been their biggest seller of all time had they kept the SD slot and, if not a replaceable battery, a big enough one to get a heavy user through the day. I can remember a few years ago when I went on a bus trip to NYC from Boston. Most everyone, (college kids), had Iphones, I had a droid bionic. When we got on the bus to return to Boston, all these students were fighting over the electrical outlets on the bus. One asked me if he could use mine when I was done with it. I told him he could use it now. When he looked surprised, I said all I have to do is swap out my battery. He was amazed explaining to me that he couldn't take most of the pictures he would have liked because his battery died. So, in perspective, beauty is one thing, but if it can't get the job done, what good is it. Kudos to all the customers that DIDN'T go for the S6. It forced samsung to do what we command and want to spend our hard earned money on.

auditman

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Just got d s6 edge. Over heated the first day was fine after that. I prefer this phone over my iphone 6s. Love the edge feature.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34