AT&T 5.1.1 update with samsung pay is out. 9/26

doomtuba

Jan 11, 2011
Visit site
Tried looking for the update and says it's up to date and I have to wait 24 hours to check again :(

Posted via the Android Central App

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
In settings, go to date and time, turn off automatic and set the date ahead one day. Try again. Wait a lil while. Repeat until success.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Remember that these updates typically go out in a rolling fashion. Not everyone gets it at the same time.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Here is a bug. Use of Samsung pay activates the IR transmitter and TV Remote control programs cease functioning. Force stop Samsung pay and it stops. I have an external IR receiver on my computer and it has an activity led. I can control it at will. Completely reproducible. I have sent a report to Samsung, but am not part of the beta. Peel remote will not function without force stopping Samsung Pay. Pay keeps restarting itself when you wake up the phone.

jaltman

Jun 26, 2012
Visit site
Samsung's reply:

It must be inconvenient this could be as IR blaster (peel remote app) is not working after updating Samsung pay app. I will be glad to assist you with the required information.

It is observed that, since updating the Samsung Pay application to latest version the IR Blaster is not working as it should. So, Samsung is planning to address this particular issue on the new Software update that will be release on 09/28/2015.
We request you to get back to us if you have any further questions.

If you are still experiencing the issue, please contact your bank and confirm if their card will support digital wallet.

LOL, I will be sure to call my bank if my IR Blaster down't work after the update.

Zhillyard

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Digging the new "Edge Screen" enhancements. Some added (albeit extremely limited) accessory options for "Clear View Cover." Certainly seems peppier as well.

munnarg

Trusted Member
Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I ended up going to Best Buy to have my phone updated but that didn't go smoothly either. Somehow the failed updates were showing 5.1.1 when connected to their computers, but 5.0.2 on my phone. They updated it twice but it still showed 5.0.2 on my phone. I ended up doing a factory reset, but it still showed the same crap, until it suddenly started downloading the update over the air, which took FOREVER on the store wifi. What should have been a 15 minute visit turned into an hour and a half when it was all said and done. I'm still in the process of reinstalling all my apps and what not. It did add Samsung Pay for me and I was able to set that up without issue.

Robbie Waddell

May 3, 2015
Visit site
Mine updated with no problems, however my wife's phone has tried three times with no success. Each time it tells her it failed to install. Not sure what to do next.

Posted via the Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton