S6 Edge not Receiving Messages Greater than 160 Characters?

xSlavik

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, so I recently made the switch from an iPhone 6 to a SG6 Edge. I am loving the phone except for one key thing. I am unable to receive text messages that are over 160 characters. I know that once an SMS is over 160 characters, it turns into an MMS. But the thing is, my MMS settings are set up, everything should be working okay.
I don’t know if this matters but this phone is unlocked with Sprint, and I am currently using Rogers as my service provider. I am looking for any solutions you guys may think off, if I cant find any resolution to this I think Im going to have to switch phones either back to an iphone (which I don’t want to) or another Android phone.
I have called Samsung Tech support AND Rogers, and they weren’t much help.
Here is the list of things I have done to try to fix this problem:

-Factory reset my phone, didn’t work
-Configured my MMS and APN settings manually with the help of Rogers
-Sent myself a picture message, received it fine.
-Sent myself a message over 160 characters, received it fine.
-Used the stock messaging app, as well as 3 different ones. (currently using textra due to the simplicity of it)
-When I had my iphone, I disabled the iMessage, also went on the apple website to make sure my phone isn’t linked to imessage. Its completely off
-Rogers said it’s a problem on the other end (contacts aren’t sending messages properly)
-this is false because I wont get any messages from android users, blackberry users, and iphone users. Its not just one or two contacts, its my whole contact list.
-few of my buddies have the S6 edge and none of them have this problem. (few switched from iphone)

The only solution I can possibly think of is getting a different sim card, but service provider said this will do absolutely nothing.
I run a business and I need to be able to receive SMS messages over 160 characters (no I will not use a 3rd party app which Samsung suggested. I need my texts to work.)
If no solution is found, sadly will have to get rid of this phone.

xSlavik

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Why Can I Not Receive SMS Messages Over 160 Characters?

Hey guys, so I recently made the switch from an iPhone 6 to a SG6 Edge. I am loving the phone except for one key thing. I am unable to receive text messages that are over 160 characters. I know that once an SMS is over 160 characters, it turns into an MMS. But the thing is, my MMS settings are set up, everything should be working okay.
I don’t know if this matters but this phone is unlocked with Sprint, and I am currently using Rogers as my service provider. I am looking for any solutions you guys may think off, if I cant find any resolution to this I think Im going to have to switch phones either back to an iphone (which I don’t want to) or another Android phone.

-Used the stock messaging app, as well as 3 different ones. (currently using textra due to the simplicity of it)
-When I had my iphone, I disabled the iMessage, also went on the apple website to make sure my phone isn’t linked to imessage. Its completely off
-Rogers said it’s a problem on the other end (contacts aren’t sending messages properly)
-this is false because I wont get any messages from android users, blackberry users, and iphone users. Its not just one or two contacts, its my whole contact list.
-few of my buddies have the S6 edge and none of them have this problem. (few switched from iphone)

The only solution I can possibly think of is getting a different sim card, but service provider said this will do absolutely nothing.
I run a business and I need to be able to receive SMS messages over 160 characters (no I will not use a 3rd party app which Samsung suggested. I need my texts to work.)

Thanks

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Re: Why Can I Not Receive SMS Messages Over 160 Characters?

Thanks

SMS is a spec that dictates the 160 character limit.

Why won't you use another SMS app (you're already using third party app Textra)?

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why Can I Not Receive SMS Messages Over 160 Characters?

have you tried returning the phone and getting a new one?
I guess trying a new sim couldn't hurt. Especially if your sim is old.

Tough situation to be in but if those things don't work you may have to get a new phone.

xSlavik

Oct 27, 2015
Visit site
Help me resolve SMS/MMS Issue and I will personally paypal you 5-10$.

Thanks

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Re: Help me resolve SMS/MMS Issue and I will personally paypal you 5-10$.

Please do not post new threads for pre-existing topics and/or multiple threads for the same topic. Additionally, transactions outside of the marketplace (physical objects only) are prohibited.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie