How do I fix slow buffering speed from streaming video from Android to TV

larbec

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I'm trying to stream video from my Galaxy S6 through my a Roku and the buffering speed is terrible even at a lower speed movie. I have 50 Gig download speed from my IP so tests nit my issue. It had to be something google is doing and there has to be a way to fix this

Is there an App I can use or how can I fix this problem?

Thanks

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. If everything goes through your wifi router, you might be on a congested band. There are wifi analyzing apps on Play that will show you who is on which channel, and you can change to a different one.

larbec

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the welcome. I'll do a search for the App and take a look at my channels I'm told by our IPs Director of Engineering that the more people on tge bandwidth the faster the download speed will be which makes no sense to me

neebi007

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I checked bandwidth and. I am running on a channel alone and at 99%
Use allcast instead of roku app. I.e. play a video and in casting app select allcast.
If you select roku app as default casting app simply clear permission in setting- applications-default applications.

larbec

Nov 7, 2015
Visit site
I am using Allcast it's as if my Ip is throttling back anything that is free and nit through things like a Roku or youtube
There's got to be a way

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay