Why does my stock messaging run so slow after the new update?

A

AC Question

Updated my S6 Edge(5.1.1) a couple of days ago...messaging is slow on the keys and sending lags when typing. Also when playing a song with headphones/bluetooth connection the song skips..not sure how to fix this? Can someone help me out :(

AlphaTango414

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I always suggest at least wiping system cache via recovery after doing a system update.

Power device down.
Press and hold Vol Up / home / power button for about 7 seconds.
Give it about 30 seconds of displaying an Android picture and it will be in the recovery menu.
Using Vol up/down to navigate options and power to make selection.
Navigate to wipe system cache partition.
Then reboot system.

This we not wipe any saved user data.

I'd also wipe the app cache. Quickest way, setting>system>storage click on cache data and you will be prompted to delete or cancel.

YNWA-LFC

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site
Same issue here.
I've noticed that the bluetooth volume can go up to a level Samsung deems acceptable then any further volume increase is considered past the red line. In fact, the volume slider line does become red. Anything in the blue works great for streaming, anything in the red skips every 20-30 seconds for about a second or two.
As for the texts, I am experiencing the lag only when the texts are sent. If I send one and immediately I start typing another, the typing gets lagged and it won't be smooth until the previous text has already finished sending.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wei34