How can I mute my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge at night?

angusthelizard

Dec 21, 2015
Visit site
How can I mute my samsung galaxy s6 edge at night?

Like I said, I have a Samsung galaxy s6 edge and I am confident there is a way to do it, but I just don't know how. I want all my notifications to be muted at night, to the point where I still receive them but my phone doesn't wake me (or anyone else in the house) up.

I am a heavy sleeper so I ask this question more for the benefit of the people I live with but I am out of ideas. I had a play around with some settings but to no avail. If someone could help me out with a solution, I would really appreciate it.

PapaGary

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Re: How can I mute my samsung galaxy s6 edge at night?

I don't have a Samsung but my Moto X it has an app called Moto Assist that allows you to control what happens when you are driving, sleeping, at home or at a meeting. I have mine set for 11PM to 7AM Sleeping where it only sounds for certain priority interruptions (set by me). It is otherwise silent during that time.

pbasister

May 18, 2014
Visit site

SETTINGS
-> Sounds and notifications
-> Do not Disturb
-> Enable as scheduled

enduro

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

Why not just put it in flight mode?

In the am you can just take it out of night mode and receive all your messages and updates.

Flight mode also saves a lot of power. My phone only looses maybe 10% over 10hrs in flight mode.

Posted via the Android Central App

JayC_TO

Dec 24, 2015
Visit site

I used these settings as well however I'm still getting some notifications coming through. With the sounds being different with this new phone and me being half asleep when it notifies, I haven't figured up what app it is doing it yet. I'll have to bump up the Do Not Disturb timeframe and wait to see what comes in.

thubalek

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Good app for scheduled Don't disturb (not only during the night) is Sound Off Reborn.

device-2017-01-20-111553.jpg

You can see what you scheduled and it supports also even and odd weeks.