Samsung Pay gets declined for all cards after app software update

ambrodsky

Jul 11, 2010
Visit site
So as soon as Samsung Pay became available I began using it with my Bank of America check card, AMEX, and Chase VISA. It worked great and I loved it!

Ever since the first app update for Samsung Pay, however, with no other changes, all of my cards get declined at all merchants.

I called Samsung, and they had me uninstall the app, clear cache, and reinstall and re-add my cards. I tried that 3 times now and still same issue. I also went to my banks websites and removed the virtual cards there too and then re-added them to the app. Same thing every time.

Before I call Samsung again, anyone have any ideas how to fix it?

I'm using a SGS6 edge on Verizon with all software and app updates.

And before anyone asks, yes I have plenty of money or credit on the cards. They shouldn't get declined, and the same actual cards worked at the same merchants once Samsung Pay did not.

Thanks for any and all help!

sandoff

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same problem. Samsung Pay has been working flawlessly since I originally downloaded the app 4+ weeks ago and after the last update it doesn't read as a valid card number.

Posted via the Android Central App

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
After reading this thread I decided to use my Samsung Pay app today to see if I had a problem....I don't. Worked fine.

afh3

May 15, 2015
Visit site
Two Verizon S6 Edge phones, running the latest version of Samsung Pay - 1.6.43 - and there are no issues to report here.

I understand that you've already gone through your bank on this, but since they are the ones that decide whether the charge will go through or not I think you will ultimately have to rely on them to fix the problem.

I've had a similar issue with it (once) was because the bank de-authorized my card for reasons they would not disclose (mainly because they claimed they did no such thing.)

Having them re-authorize the card fixed the issue, just not right away.

I removed and re-added the card (per Samsung's instructions) and called the bank to have it re-verified. The "script readers" at the bank claimed to have sent the activation-token, but my card did not verify. The next day, it still had not verified. Repeated calls to the bank yielded nothing but assurances that they had done their part.

I called Samsung, and they checked the status of the validation-token and informed me that it was in the "pending" state because the bank had not properly submitted it.

I called the bank back (several times) and all they would tell me is that they had "done all they could do" and suggested that I would have to take my phone to the carrier so they could help me set it up correctly. Uh, yeah.

So, since they (the bank) had already exhausted all of their possibilities for remedying this problem, I asked for the account (that I'd had for 25 years) to be closed - as I would be getting a card from another bank to see how that would go. After all, they had "done all they could do" so there was nothing more that could be done, right? At that point they decided that maybe there were one or two more things they could check.

About four hours later my phone made an alert-sound and I saw the notification that it was now verified.

Funny how it worked out like that.