My S6 Edge won't power back on after resetting it, what can I do?

A

AC Question

My S6 Edge won't power back on after resetting it

My phone was working perfectly fine this morning when I got up. I went to make a call, it wouldn't connect so I went to Restart it, it froze on the "Starting Apps" screen. I did the whole "Holding the volume & Power" It powers up like it should, but doesn't move past the Samsung S6 Edge Screen. The blue light is flickering on it also. I don't know what to do!!!

Shane English

Jun 13, 2015
Visit site
Re: My S6 Edge won't power back on after resetting it

Boot into recovery and clear dalvik cache and cache then reboot

Posted via the Android Central App

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Press and hold all 4 physical buttons at the same time until it resets. Should be a few seconds.

Kayle_Marie

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site

I've been doing that for 2 hours and it just powers on the Samsung S6 Edge Screen, then goes black & the blue light blinks... I don't know what else to try!:(

Kayle_Marie

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site

how do i do that? The screen won't come on at all except when the Samsung S6 Edge start up come on. then it just shuts back off.

beagle82

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site

Ok so if you have tried holding both vol buttons and the home button and the power at the same time and that doesn't help, then try get to recovery by holding the volume up and home buttons simultaneously and then powering on the phone. Keep the vol and home keys in until it goes to the recovery. Hopefully. If you get there, try clearing the cache and then reboot

Kayle_Marie

Dec 28, 2015
Visit site
Can't boot my phone

It just randomly shut off this morning. I've done a master reset, tried the whole ODIN thing... It gets to the "Android Starting Apps" screen, but won't move from there. Now I can't get it to even get to that screen.. It's a Samsung S6 Edge. I've read for hours that this is a common issue but they all corrected it by simply rebooting their phones... it hasn't worked for me. The phone is on & charged. There's a blue LED light blinking. It vibrates randomly. It has to be a software issue. Does anyone know how to fix it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Merged a couple of threads. When you say you tried the whole Odin thing, do you mean that you were just trying to get into the Recovery Menu to wipe the cache or do a factory reset (which is not the same as Odin mode), or did you actually use Odin to try to reinstall the firmware? http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...w-flash-stock-rom-via-odin-new-interface.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maximusdebois