Has anyone gotten Marshmallow on Samsung Galaxy S6 edge?

davidwilling

Apr 23, 2015
Visit site
Got my upgrade last night. I'm on a Spanish S6 edge but am currently in New York. Update went smoothly and have to say it all works great. Smooth, battery seems better, RAM improvements so all in all pretty damn good! Happy chappie :)

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
No carrier? You have to be connecting to some company's cell service to use the phone.

The 'i' version is for all of Latin America. It's unlocked. No carrier. It includes almost 30 countries. Including Australia and India.

The 'F' version is Global. But the 'i' is for all of Latin America.

Posted via the Android Central App

valorian

Nov 22, 2010
Visit site
The 'i' version is for all of Latin America. It's unlocked. No carrier. It includes almost 30 countries. Including Australia and India.

The 'F' version is Global. But the 'i' is for all of Latin America.

So you don't pay a cellular company any monthly payment for cell service?

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
So you don't pay a cellular company any monthly payment for cell service?

:D man please google it.

No I'm not locked to a carrier. I can use any sim any day. My phone is unlocked. There are two international versions which exist in this world.

I would suggest you google :) peace!

Rumblee1

Trusted Member
Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Don't blame Sammy, blame your carrier. I've got verizon which has been proven time & time again to be the best carrier. As far as updates though, they're dead last.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
Don't blame Sammy, blame your carrier. I've got verizon which has been proven time & time again to be the best carrier. As far as updates though, they're dead last.

Posted via Android Central App

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/database/SM-G925I/

Just to clear the confusion. There is not just one unlocked model; G925F. There are two. G925I is also international and unlocked. Just region specific. North America and South America.

Sometimes there are no carriers. Please.

Virtdev

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
S6 edge, SM-G925P Sprint. Had marshmallow since this past Saturday. Battery seems better, but recently been having random apps starting when unlocking (using fingerprint reader). Only started since the update. These are apps not on my dock or home screen. Annoying but not detrimental.

The phone has been running faster though. I love the power app battery saving setting.

Geoffrey Kr

Mar 17, 2016
Visit site
I have had 6.0.1 for a few days or so

I am not happy that on my keyboard the microphone to use voice instead of typing texts is gone. It was first replaced by a setup icon, then by the smiley face button that is ALSO next to where I type messages to add emoticons.

Not happy I have to type instead of just speak and have not located where to get it back.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
I have had 6.0.1 for a few days or so

I am not happy that on my keyboard the microphone to use voice instead of typing texts is gone. It was first replaced by a setup icon, then by the smiley face button that is ALSO next to where I type messages to add emoticons.

Not happy I have to type instead of just speak and have not located where to get it back.

Hold the button till you see a pop up. Select the mic.

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I suspect this is why were seeing a little better battery life. Turned on by default is "App Power Saving". Any app you don't use for 3 days (can be extended to 5 or 7) is put into power saving mode. Apps in power saving mode "may be unable to provide notifications." That's crap; I don't want that on by default.

Attachments

• 6328.jpg
    6328.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 121

jean15paul

Trusted Member
Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
I suspect this is why were seeing a little better battery life. Turned on by default is "App Power Saving". Any app you don't use for 3 days (can be extended to 5 or 7) is put into power saving mode. Apps in power saving mode "may be unable to provide notifications." That's crap; I don't want that on by default.

I guess this is a new Google feature of Marshmellow, not a new Samsung feature in Touchwiz. That makes me feel a little more comfortable with it. Also it appears that apps in "app standby" should be able to send notifications and should be able to access the network at least once a day. More info here: Optimizing for Doze and App Standby | Android Developers

avokodo

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Sigh still nothing here in South Africa, hopefully sometime this year would be great.

anon(9408097)

Apr 14, 2015
Visit site
The stock firmware 6.0.1 for G925i is now available for the S6 edge on sammobile. And for the G925F. Anybody who have these two models can go flash the firmware themselves if they're getting impatient.

I was. So I did. It is really easy.

But I don't see much difference. I know many say that it feels like a new phone? I don't. It's a little smoother but that's it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae