Is it still worth it getting this phone?

bogellenong

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I currently have a nexus 5 with a bunch of dings on the bottom section (dropped it on asphalts lol). I am thinking of getting a new phone and a guy offered his s6 edge to me for 550 bucks (this is CAD, in US its more like 480 ish) , around 7-8 months still in perfect condition (i saw the pictures and yeah its still like brand new, although I kinda dislike the gold color). My question is, is it worth it? I really don't feel like dumping so much money on a brand new phone, also I don't like paying so much per month, that's why I'm thinking of getting a used phone so it doesn't kill my wallet. Also our Canadian dollar is doing bad now so everything is a bit expensive. From the looks, it looks pretty similar to s7 (for sure I can't afford the edge s7, the price is almost in a note territory), not to bother with the camera bump. I think 3gb and and the processor is kinda fine for me, I don't really play games on a phone and I almost always close any app before opening a new one (clusterphobic lol). My only concern is the battery (I heard its extremely bad) and worry about overheating (i heard some 810 overheats). I have my eyes on another phone, the 6p, kinda prefer that more, but can't find a good used one with good price :(

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes. I personally like the 6P better, but the S6e is definitely not old and busted. I can't speak for the used price value there, that's up to you - but the device itself is doing fine.

bogellenong

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I personally preferred 6p too, just because its a high end pure android, and has specs and features that basically allow it to last for a couple years without feeling old, honestly, if samsung got the s6 correctly the first time (basically s7), I would already seal the deal by now. So yeah I don't know what to do.

Elfyn1

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I have a gold S6E and I love it! The gold is beautiful in person. I have a gold and black theme on it and it looks very nice. I get pretty decent battery life and have had no overheating problems to speak of. I do keep a pretty close eye on what I have running at any given time to avoid battery and overheating issues.

You did mention that you had dropped your nexus 5 several times on the asphalt so the S6E may not be the phone for you. It is rather delicate being that it's all glass. If you do get it I would suggest that you get a really good case for it.

bogellenong

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I normally rarely dropped my phone lol. But you know, I have that phone for quite some time and getting a bit careless. It actually fell off from my winter jacket while I was carrying something (can't remember) to the office, so yeah unfortunately. But I took care of the rest. I have case on it although its a slim case so the case got most of the chips. My case was kinda tight though so most of the scratches mark on my nexus 5 was actually from the friction between the case and the sides of the phone.

So yeah I am really confused. I wish someone can tell me how much this phone should cost second hand at around this time so I can tell whether 550 bucks is a bit on the expensive side or not.

Elfyn1

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried Googling around for pricing on a used S6E. Also, check out somewhere like Swappa.com to see what they're going for.

bogellenong

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
The pricing are all over the place lol. For the non edge, I see people selling it for as low as 420. I just found someone selling a non edge 128gb brand new! for a freakin 420 bucks CAD (thats like 370usd) which is crazy but its so far from where I live, which make me kinda unsure whether its legit or not (looks legit though). Some people sell their used phones for like 500-600 and only 32gb. Found another person selling in my city as its almost 700 bucks which is extremely over priced.

Update: Just now, I found a 5 months used note 5 for only 600 :confused:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy