Wifi connection issues on s6 edge

Ian Gough1

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Greetings from a newbie.

I was wondering if someone could help with a problem I have, just had a new Samsung S6 Edge, Model: SM - G925F. I cannot get the wifi connection to work, the phone just keeps scanning, it seems like the home wifi connection is not "on". I have tried a soft reset, a hard reset and even updated the firmware to the latest, but still it doesn't work. The phone will call other mobiles and landlines fine.

I know the home wifi is working as my other S6 edge (same model) finds the wifi within seconds. Both phones are configured alike.

Any ideas what the problem is?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Can your phone detect any other wi-fi networks, like at your local cafe or library? Have you tried rebooting your router, by unplugging its power for 10 seconds, then plugging it back in again?

Ian Gough1

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
hi, I tried rebooting the router but it still doesn't work, I also tried at a local café but the same thing.

What I have notice is that if I do a software reset or hardware reset, when the first popup screens come up when you go through to set the phone up for the first time, it picks up the wifi connections with no problems, however when entering the password it doesn't state that you are "connected" beside the wifi name. If I then toggle the wifi off then back on, the listed wifis will not reappear. The only way to get them back is to go through the whole cycle again, i.e. software or hardware reset.