Phone chirps when unlocking

morrisayoder

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone,

This is my very first post to Android central. I've been an Android phone user for about 6 years and now I have a problem that has me stumped. I need help! My S6 Edge on Verizon makes a chirp sound everytime I unlock it. It's not the normal unlock sound that can be turned off in the settings; the sound is identical to the sound the google voice recognition makes when the mic turns off or pauses after no speech is heard. I've noticed on another thread this can be caused by NFC being turned on, but I have NFC turned off. The only way I can get the sound to stop is to disable the Google/Google Now app. Then the problem goes completely away. But, I want the Google app! Is there an interference between the Google app and some other app I have? Any thoughts?

Sethrich88

May 22, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

This is my very first post to Android central. I've been an Android phone user for about 6 years and now I have a problem that has me stumped. I need help! My S6 Edge on Verizon makes a chirp sound everytime I unlock it. It's not the normal unlock sound that can be turned off in the settings; the sound is identical to the sound the google voice recognition makes when the mic turns off or pauses after no speech is heard. I've noticed on another thread this can be caused by NFC being turned on, but I have NFC turned off. The only way I can get the sound to stop is to disable the Google/Google Now app. Then the problem goes completely away. But, I want the Google app! Is there an interference between the Google app and some other app I have? Any thoughts?

Idk but mine just started this today also. It's when I unlock phone and switch apps sometimes. But mine sounds like birds cherping. And I hate birds.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress