lockscreen replacement

cstrienen

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
I was looking for a lockscreen replacement and came to several lockscreen apps. Unfortnually they all cannot replace the lockscreen but put another lockscreen above the Original one.

I have a Samsung S6 Edge tested on Lollipop and the newest version 6 Marsmallow both cannot replace the lockscreen.

Must i root the Samsung to replace the lockscreen?

neebi007

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I was looking for a lockscreen replacement and came to several lockscreen apps. Unfortnually they all cannot replace the lockscreen but put another lockscreen above the Original one.

I have a Samsung S6 Edge tested on Lollipop and the newest version 6 Marsmallow both cannot replace the lockscreen.

Must i root the Samsung to replace the lockscreen?
No root required but u need complete new luncher.
Samsung use its own called touchwiz u can try next luncher, apex, go etc etc there are 3d one too..

stesyl

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
What do you mean by replace? If you set the lock screen to none, you can add another. Yes the stock one is still installed ,but it won't be used. That's what I have done. Also the new Good lock by Samsung isn't too bad . it changes the notification shade and recent apps tray as well. Also the Sprint tag will be gone from the notification shade panel .

Posted via the Android Central App

cstrienen

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Ok i did not know that the locksceen can be disabled and another lockscreen enabled....

The lockscreen of the stock one is not that bad but i would like to put on the lockscreen whatever i want and thats not possible with the stock one. Lets say for example a weather widget on the lockscreen, i cannot put a weatherwidget on the stock lockscreen only the native one...

When i get a text message a example is given but many times i get a sms with a number that i must put in on my pc. I cannot read the nummer because it is on the second line in the sms text essage which is not displayed on the lockscreen so every time i must open the messages app...

That are the reasons that i want for example cdlocker or something like that

stesyl

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
Ok i did not know that the locksceen can be disabled and another lockscreen enabled....

The lockscreen of the stock one is not that bad but i would like to put on the lockscreen whatever i want and thats not possible with the stock one. Lets say for example a weather widget on the lockscreen, i cannot put a weatherwidget on the stock lockscreen only the native one...

When i get a text message a example is given but many times i get a sms with a number that i must put in on my pc. I cannot read the nummer because it is on the second line in the sms text essage which is not displayed on the lockscreen so every time i must open the messages app...

That are the reasons that i want for example cdlocker or something like that

You mean something like this?

Attachments

• 150827.jpg
    150827.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 20

cstrienen

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Yes something like that indeed, what is it?

but i cannot figure out how to completely disable the lockscreen that is i can disable the lock but the swipe screen stays present so i always musst go to 2 screens when entering the phone if i install a third party app...

stesyl

Feb 28, 2013
Visit site
The one I use is LockR, but any will do the same ,just whatever suits your needs. Yes I only swipe the this screen to enter the phone, it even has fingerprint support. Go to Lock screen and security in settings and set Lock screen type to none.. Then you don't have two lock screens running.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084