How do I make my S6 Edge+ less infuriating to use?

SupervillainX

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

So in December I 'upgraded' my Nexus 5 to a Galaxy S6 Edge+, as my carrier wasn't selling the Nexus 6P.
Needless to say, I've found the whole thing extremely frustrating.

Memory management is all kinds of retarded, apps have a tendency to become slow and crash because of this.
Keyboard lag is nearly unbearable. I've used the stock Samsung keyboard, Google keyboard, Swiftkey... all laggy, all frustrating to use.
Sometimes it will just lock up, and I'll keep typing, then a crazed jumble of letters will appear along with a long vibration.

It also CONSTANTLY asks me to reset my keyboard when using Swiftkey. The Samsung keyboard keeps turning itself back on, and it drives me mental.

For a $1250 flagship (at the time) phone, I feel like I've been shafted.
The screen and rear camera are the only good things about this phone.

The Marshmallow update still hasn't hit us locally (Australia) so I don't know if that's any better, but hopes aren't high.

Is there anything I can do to make this phone less of a piece of ****?
My Nexus was flawless and super smooth 100% of the time.
Half the time I don't even want to pick this phone up because it makes me so mad.

I've used Nova Launcher to at least make it *look* a little more Nexus-like, but man... everything else is up the ****.

I actually turned my Nexus 5 on the other day to lend it to a friend and it was so nice to use. So smooth, responsive, the touch feedback was super nice. It just reinforced the fact that the S6 Edge+ sucks, and I need to do something about it before it drives me completely insane.

tl;dr - The S6 is a disappointment. Help me make it good.

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

So in December I 'upgraded' my Nexus 5 to a Galaxy S6 Edge+, as my carrier wasn't selling the Nexus 6P.
Needless to say, I've found the whole thing extremely frustrating.

Memory management is all kinds of retarded, apps have a tendency to become slow and crash because of this.
Keyboard lag is nearly unbearable. I've used the stock Samsung keyboard, Google keyboard, Swiftkey... all laggy, all frustrating to use.
Sometimes it will just lock up, and I'll keep typing, then a crazed jumble of letters will appear along with a long vibration.

It also CONSTANTLY asks me to reset my keyboard when using Swiftkey. The Samsung keyboard keeps turning itself back on, and it drives me mental.

For a $1250 flagship (at the time) phone, I feel like I've been shafted.
The screen and rear camera are the only good things about this phone.

The Marshmallow update still hasn't hit us locally (Australia) so I don't know if that's any better, but hopes aren't high.

Is there anything I can do to make this phone less of a piece of ****?
My Nexus was flawless and super smooth 100% of the time.
Half the time I don't even want to pick this phone up because it makes me so mad.

I've used Nova Launcher to at least make it *look* a little more Nexus-like, but man... everything else is up the ****.

I actually turned my Nexus 5 on the other day to lend it to a friend and it was so nice to use. So smooth, responsive, the touch feedback was super nice. It just reinforced the fact that the S6 Edge+ sucks, and I need to do something about it before it drives me completely insane.

tl;dr - The S6 is a disappointment. Help me make it good.

I am on an S6 and have had no issues what so ever. It's fast, responsive, I even use Swiftkey and have never had an issue like you. Never crashes, and after Marshmallow, it's even better. Maybe you got a lemon.

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Im sure with MM update your phone will be A LOT better. Just dont forget to do a back up and factory reset it once MM is installed. It shouldn't take long for MM to hit your region. Had MM since 3rd april along with april 2 security patch.

Posted with ❤Love❤

mhinc

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Im sure with MM update your phone will be A LOT better. Just dont forget to do a back up and factory reset it once MM is installed. It shouldn't take long for MM to hit your region. Had MM since 3rd april along with april 2 security patch.

Posted with ❤Love❤

I didn't even do a factory reset with mine after MM and it still works amazing

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
I didn't even do a factory reset with mine after MM and it still works amazing

Same! I updated from 5.1.1 to 6.0.1 without needing to do a factory reset. Factory reset is not a must for every update. But if an update goes wrong, thats where a back up and factory reset will be useful.

Posted with ❤Love❤

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool