Use Play Music as default player instead of Samsung Music?

bboysmax

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

So basically as the title says BUT. I'm plugging my phone into my car to play music, and by default it opens Samsung Music and strarts playing the only song I have on there, the stupid ringtone! But i have a bunch of music in the Play Music app, so whne i plug my phone in can i set it to go straight to Play Music?

Alternatively, can i move my music from Play music to Samsung Music?

I've gone into the default apps to try clear Samsung Music as the default but it apparently has no defaults set, same with the Play Music.

Cheers!

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Worth trying:

Open Settings -> Apps -> Samsung Music and tap on Clear defaults.

Next, if you have a file explorer app, browse to your music directory and tap any file. It should ask which player to use with "Just once" and "Always" options. Choose the desired player and hit Always.

If you don't have a file explorer app, just try connecting to your car and - hopefully - you will get the same prompt to choose a music player.

As to your Play Music stuff, are you referring to music you purchased from the Pay Store? If so, you need to go back to the Play Store (preferably with a PC), click on Music Library -> My Music. Click the three dot menu next to each of your purchased songs/albums and then click Download (sorry, but you need to do this individually for each item).

Once you have downloaded all of your purchased music as MP3's, you can copy them to your phone's Music folder where they will now be available to any music player, not just Google's Play Music.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan