Why is Google Now Launcher using Samsung Theme Store Icons although the theme is uninstalled ?

A

AC Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, Android 5.1.1. I installed Google Now Launcher then I installed a theme from Samsung theme store, which replaced the default icons. After removing the theme and the launcher, I came back to Google Now, and although the theme was removed, the same Icons remain, even with default theme. Tried countless reinstalls of Google now launcher, but still no results.

anthony2558

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge, Android 5.1.1. I installed Google Now Launcher then I installed a theme from Samsung theme store, which replaced the default icons. After removing the theme and the launcher, I came back to Google Now, and although the theme was removed, the same Icons remain, even with default theme. Tried countless reinstalls of Google now launcher, but still no results.

I am also have the same issue. No matter how many times I clear the cache, uninstall, theme, uninstall Google now, clear cache and data in all apps. Nothing changes. Someone Google now launcher has picked up the Samsung theme and will not stop using it.

Zenden8686

Jul 14, 2013
Visit site
I am also have the same issue. No matter how many times I clear the cache, uninstall, theme, uninstall Google now, clear cache and data in all apps. Nothing changes. Someone Google now launcher has picked up the Samsung theme and will not stop using it.

Fyi for anyone googling this or looking for this still. I had my s7 edge display scaling set to condensed to fit more on the screen. Once I changed it back to standard (with the material Samsung theme applied) and rebooted the correct icons appeared. Could be that the change forces the launcher to recreate icons or clear it's cache etc.

Also, stock android lovers, install good lock from the galaxy app stores to bring the stock android notification shade and status bar into your s7. Got a very stock feel now with Samsung material theme, Google now launcher and good lock.

Hope this helps someone.

Richard Powell5

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site

I had the same problem. What I found worked was uninstalling the updates for each individual app. It was a pain in the button but it worked. Hope this helps

taw420

Dec 8, 2016
Visit site
I noticed this as well it seems whatever theme I'm using when I download and install the Google now launcher is what it will remain with. For instance I had a very distinct theme loaded on my system edge when I installed the Google launcher and now regardless of what I do to reverse this affect it's persistent. But if I Uninstaller Google now and get back to touchwiz reboot and then load another theme and reinstall Google now I will know have those and if I do nothing then I'll have the touchwiz themed app icons. This seems to be the case for me atleast.