Galaxy S6 Edge not downloading AT&T Marshmallow Update

MarcP123

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello- The update is available, but when I do a manual update check it says "software currently up to date." So, I am still on 5.1.1.

I have cleared the cache, which worked for me before in a prior update. Currently I have 5.8 GB available, so that shouldn't be an issue.

Any ideas what could be holding it up?

AT&T suggested I go to a Best Buy and they can do a manual update at the "Samsung Experience" there. Does this make sense?

Thank you,

Marc

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
AT&T is right. Unfortunately updates are slowly rolled out and they usually have OTA 'quotas', which means you might not see it right away if you try to download it. BUT Samsung's areas in Best Buy have the update on file, so they can manually install it onto your device. Or you can wait a few days until it finally hits your phone.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Updates are issues by the carrier. While some S6 Edge updates may be available, not all of them may be.

Either AT&T's answer or an AT&T Device Support Center can force an update. If the store you go to doesn't have a DSC on the premises, just ask them where the nearest one is. (It's a crap-shoot - sometimes AT&T will make you wait half an hour while they're fixing someone else's phone, sometimes the Samsung Experience center at Best Buy will. I prefer getting to know the people at AT&T. No particular reason, but they can answer all your questions, including things like "how come I'm getting such a poor signal at the west end of town?" Maybe a tower went bad. Best Buy won't find that out for hours.

MarcP123

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello-

Thanks for the feedback. I ended up going to Best Buy, and took about 15 minutes. Considering it was 2 months or so since the official release on AT&T, I don't know if it was ever going to come.

By the way, MM is nice and quick. Glad I did it!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParkerAdams