Why wont my S6 edge charge?

A

AC Question

So tonight it was just fast charging like usual and i unplugged it to go do outside and i came back and it started doing standard charging. i started trying to mess around and get it to fast charge by trying new blocks and cables, all of which worked on other phones but not mine. I plugged it into the wall and now i have the samsung VR gear app popping up without me downloading or touching it. it opens my screen to the page that wants me to accept their terms or whatever and when i exit out the entire screen turns black and white X's show up in the corners randomly. i disabled the app in my settings and my battery went from 36% to 97% and jumped back down to 23%. this phone is less than 2 months old and i had one before this that lasted much longer. can anyone help or do i have to return it again?

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
The S6 line doesn't have the greatest battery life but that is no excuse for what you are describing above.
How many apps are on the device? Have you tried wireless charging? Download a battery monitoring app like Gsam or my favorite, Battery Widget Reborn. They can give you stats on you battery, temperature, usage, etc. that may indicate its another app causing the issue.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....android.apps.reborn.pro&hl=en&token=Tkv96Ba7

Perhaps a factory reset may be best and then you can reinstall your apps a few at a time and monitor your battery.

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Alternative to factory reset, (to which is what I'd do regardless) Enter recovery mode and do a wipe of the Cache Partition (no data loss). If that doesn't work, Try entering safe mode and see if problem persists. After these options, if needed, do the factory reset.

Chris

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12