Edge won't sent texts to certain numbers

JonRPatrick

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Morning All!
I hate to have to ask this, but I don't even know the right terminology to search for the answer!
I switched to my S6 Edge about a year ago, and about a month ago I sent a text to one of those auto-respond services.
You know, "Text 12345 to 67890 for more information?"
In an unfortunate event, my finger was hovering near the screen, and some message popped up, apparently I clicked it (didn't have time to read it) and now I can't text to those type of numbers!
It's not just the one I had been texting, but I noticed last week I had tried a new number and it just doesn't send.
Help? What have I done, and how do I 'unblock' it?
Thanks in advance,
Jon

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Try going to Settings, Applications, Application Manager, scroll down to Hangouts (or whatever SMS app you use), right under Permissions, there's an entry that says, "Send premium text message" - it should be set to Always Allow. Try toggling it to Never Allow then back to Always Allow. That should fix your problem.

JonRPatrick

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I'm just using the standard "Messages" that comes with the phone. I did find this, toggled it, and tried again. The outgoing message gets a little "!" beside it which says "Failed to send".
So, still a problem. :)

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Try toggling it to always block, restart the phone, toggle it back to always allow? These things have a mind of their own sometimes. If all else fails, try calling the carrier, maybe that toggle provisions something weird on your carrier that they need to clear?