PLEASE HELP. S6 edge dead after charging all night. Blue solid-ish light constantly on

Dragao82

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Hello all,

My s6 edge lately has been powering itself off for no reason but it always turned itself back on without issues for another month or so until it does it again. Last week ago my phone was charging all night and when i unplugged in the morning it was charged 100%. When i switched the phone on, the samsung welcome logo came up but then the phone switched it self off and kept doing this on it's own for about 10 times always turning itself on and off never passing the samsung start up logo.

Now the phone is completely off, has blue light constantly on, which is not solid neither blinking. Is like it changes color from blue to light green without blinking. The phone doesn't show signs of life when connected to the charger anymore and no response to any buttons combinations or anything else.

The only sign of life the phone shows me is the blue-ish green-ish light which wont go off for a week already.

I tried the combinations as follows;

Home button + volume down+ power button
Home button + up+ power button
Power button+volume down
Power+volume up
All 4 buttons at same time

Nothing worked...i am really frustrated with this because i really need this phone. Im hoping that this bluish/greenish light which is constantly on will drain the battery and then somehow (i hope) the phone will respond to the charging and reset combinations.

Thank you all for your help.

PS: forgot to mention that i have updated firmware using kies application day before all this happened. The laptop doesn't 'see' the phone also.

Last edited:

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I know this isn't an 'easy' option but it seems the battery is defective. You could try to have a service center test a temporary one (or you could attempt to replace it if you really want to dabble into it and know what you're doing).

Also, if you plug it in to a computer, does the computer 'see' the device (doubt it, but worth a try)? If it does, you might be able to 'bring it back to life' with either Kies or Smart Switch (not sure if Kies still supports the S6 Edge or not).

Dragao82

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

The laptop doesn't see the phone also.

I updated the firmeware with kies day before all this start to happening. It might be software crush or some conflict? How long will the battery last with this solid light constantly on? It has been like this for a week already and i hop when the phone loses the power completely than i might be able to re charge.

I got a samsung galaxy s6 (standard) with broken lcd and now my s6 edge wont power on. Can i use parts from one to make the other work? Like put s6 edge lcd on the standard s6 or take the battery from s6 and put it on the edge? They should be the same?

subraya

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for your reply.

The laptop doesn't see the phone also.

I updated the firmeware with kies day before all this start to happening. It might be software crush or some conflict? How long will the battery last with this solid light constantly on? It has been like this for a week already and i hop when the phone loses the power completely than i might be able to re charge.

I got a samsung galaxy s6 (standard) with broken lcd and now my s6 edge wont power on. Can i use parts from one to make the other work? Like put s6 edge lcd on the standard s6 or take the battery from s6 and put it on the edge? They should be the same?
You can't change the screen of the standard with the edge or vice versa mate. I guess the battery is a different case. Maybe you can use it. But it seems the overcharging has got to do something with it. Overcharging a phone can also create that problem. My Old Note 2 is having similar signs. Instead of blue the red indicator is on always even when the phone is off and it's not too bright or to dim. Just in between like. But gladly the phone is working and suddenly restarts once in a while. I used to keep it for charging over night. But I stopped doing it.

Dragao82

Oct 14, 2016
Visit site
You can't change the screen of the standard with the edge or vice versa mate. I guess the battery is a different case. Maybe you can use it. But it seems the overcharging has got to do something with it. Overcharging a phone can also create that problem. My Old Note 2 is having similar signs. Instead of blue the red indicator is on always even when the phone is off and it's not too bright or to dim. Just in between like. But gladly the phone is working and suddenly restarts once in a while. I used to keep it for charging over night. But I stopped doing it.

Thanks for your info.

I will open the edge and will unplug the battery and plug it again to see what happens. If it doesn't work i will try to fit the battery from the standard s6 to see if works.

Im just worried of cracking the back cover of the edge like i did with the standard s6.

I will post he results.

Cheers

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante