Should I use the S6 edge instead of my xperia Z5 premium?

Stephen Borg

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
I have a Galaxy s6 edge which my son used for a few months and changed for an iphone. It is still in perfect condition waiting to be turned on :) I like Samsung phones but I just can't let go of my xperia Z5p. What are the great things of the s6 edge that can make me choose it over my Z5p?

Last edited:

Stephen Borg

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
It's hard to answer as things I like may be of no use to you. I would suggest using it for a few weeks and then decide.

Yeah I understand what you mean. I am used to the 5.5 inch screen now so going for smaller displays will be hard. Also I like an sd card slot and ip68. I don't really care losing my Xperia 4k display coz in my opinion it doesn't make any difference when viewed on a 5.5 inch screen. On the other side the s6 is sexy and comfortable to hold. Camera is always great on galaxy phones and display is great even in direct sunlight. And it also has the IR blaster which I like and find very useful. Maybe I must give it a try and see how it goes. I had most of samsung flagships in the past so I know I won't be disappointed.

anon(632115)

Jan 5, 2012
Visit site
I love my Edge and I thought it would be a walk-over until I read the spec of the Xperia. I use my Edge with a case as I found it too slim. I was nervous of getting the Edge over the S6 as I had read some horror stories over how fragile the phone is. Twelve months later and dropped a few times is as much as I'm prepared to say in case I tempt fate. It must be nice to get spoiled for choice:) Let us know what you decide, I'm very interested.

Stephen Borg

Dec 16, 2015
Visit site
My second day with my s6 edge. All great but to be honest I am missing some of my xperia features that I used most like the app search with just a swipe down and the double tap to wake. But now I have the edge shortcuts which evolved alot from the first s6 edge with the lollipop. Also the s6 is lighter and smaller so handling is great. :)