Potential new owner is the battery life bad?

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys

I have the chance of an S6 Edge in silver 64gb in near mint condition it hasn't really been used and the price is £230 Stirling I am in the UK, is this a good price and is the battery life on this phone poor I use it as my personal phone and my usage is for sending emails some browsing and when I have a sandwich in the car about an hour of Netflix so will I be disappointed as it is a smaller battery than I usually have and I normally have a minimum of a 5.5" screen so how is the 5.1" screen for watching Netflix etc.

I will be selling my S7 Edge as I just don't want that much money sat in a phone but the screen size on the S7 is great and the battery life is superb so I know it is a lesser phone and I accept that but in general is it a good phone with a battery that won't drive me insane :) I do have a car charger I can use but I never use it with the S7 as it easily lasts all day.

Any advice and user opinions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi Andy, welcome to the forums mate. I have the S7 and the battery lasts fine for me and I am a heavy user...
As for the price, I have no idea there sorry...

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
My mistake mate, the edge has a bigger battery... if you like the edge thing (which you can turn off I think) it is a great device too....

Tech-Newb

Oct 14, 2015
Visit site
Well if your S7 lasts easily a day i think the S6 edge can also last a day with a little help from the car charger. Usually my S6 edge gives me 3-5 hours screen on time per day depending on my usage.

andy a

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Well if your S7 lasts easily a day i think the S6 edge can also last a day with a little help from the car charger. Usually my S6 edge gives me 3-5 hours screen on time per day depending on my usage.

Thanks for that the S7 battery is superb so I would expect less from the S6 but maybe you're right I suppose after using the S7 I am spoilt with great battery life and not many other phones will be as good as the S7.