Black Screen , no blinking light, no sound, no vibration

knitfudge

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
Hi guys,
So yesterday (less than 24h from now) I was working when I received a message on my phone (S6 Edge 32GB). I answered the message and the 1-2 seconds after I clicked send, the screen went black. I tough it was only a restart due to a bug so I didn't press any button. I waited for like 30 seconds and nothing. I tried to turn it on from the Power button, nothing. Since I come from a Nexus, I pressed the Power and both volumes buttons at the same time, nothing.
I started to Google for some answers but everyone seems to have "sleep of death" but this doesn't seem to be my case because I have no blinking light at the top.
I tried all possible combinations with Home button, Power button and volumes. Nothing worked.

The battery was somewhere between 80-95% last time I checked it.

I seems like there's no power going to the cellphone.. I tried to plug it and press the buttons, nothing again.
I kept it plugged for 2hours but it still cool, like there's no battery charging.

Do you guys have something to suggest?

Thank you

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like the battery is disconnected if you're getting no response while plugged in. I would recommend not charging it and contacting Samsung for warranty support.

knitfudge

Oct 24, 2016
Visit site
I don't have the receipt since I bough it on Kijiji few months ago. It was brand new. I always used it in a case, no scratch, no water, no shocks, etc.
What if I bring it to someone that repairs cells? Will he be able to fix that for a cost?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If that's the issue, they should be able to repair it yes - I have no idea what the price would be though, you could shop around. The problem is what happens if that's not the issue and it's a defective motherboard, etc. It's possible you may be able to get a very low cost or free estimate to do repairs. That sucks, sorry to hear that happened to you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non