Locked out of my phone, Help!

jaegerprogram

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
My Samsung S6 Plus kept bugging me about doing an update, then one day it updated it self in my pocket and rebooted, upon reboot it came up with a explanation mark, then booted as normal but instead of asking me for my finger print it required a the password which I entered. However each time it states it is wrong, but I know its not as its the same for my Gmail and find my phone on the Samsung app. I tried find my phone from Samsung which fails to communicate with it as I cant turn the Wifi on as I'm locked out. Google device manager sees my phone location and can call it and send a lock but can not unlock it. Spent over 2 hours today in the Samsung support centre where they did something called a home reset which re-installed the OS and programs without wiping my data but same problem, password doesn't work. Now I could do a factory reset but my data is more important to me as I have all my kids holidays Pics and videos on there. I can't enable USB debugging as I'm locked out. I don't care about my warranty just my data, is there any other solution for me to by pass this lock, or enable the finger print lock instead, or a solution for me to get my data off then I can do a factory reset.

ratsttam

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's probably your Samsung account password, not your gmail password it's looking for. The samsung page can send a password reset (similar to the gmail page), and that would get you in.

jaegerprogram

Feb 13, 2017
Visit site
I tried that but for some reason the Samsung find my phone does not see it, call it or unlock it so useless to me. As from reading it needs to be logged in on the phone even though I registered it when I set it up on first boot,

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Gmail have locked me out over my phone try everything

Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean Gmail locked you out? Did you do a factory reset, and now the phone is asking you to enter the Google account/password that was linked to the phone before the reset?

Raybould2010

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean Gmail locked you out? Did you do a factory reset, and now the phone is asking you to enter the Google account/password that was linked to the phone before the reset?

Yes and I can't remember the gmail that linked to the phone set up a new password put it says wait 24 hrs l be wait over a week

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What you're seeing is Google's Factory Reset Protection. Has this always been your phone, or did you get it used from someone else? If so, did they properly remove their Google account prior to the reset? That has to be done in order for the reset to be considered authorized. Otherwise, Google's Factory Reset Protection will kick in, and after the reset is done, it will prompt the user to enter the previous Google account's name and password. So the phone might not be asking for your Google account, but rather the previous owner's.

The other question is if you have 2 step authentication turned on for your Google account. If so, try turning it off temporarily, then see if you can log in on the phone.

Raybould2010

Feb 26, 2018
Visit site
Yes it’s always be my phone put can’t remember my 1st gmail account or password try change my password put it says wait 24 hours it’s be over a week

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You can't remember the actual account name, or just the password?

What about the 2 step authentication question I asked?