A "welcome" screen keeps appearing on my Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge

A

AC Question

Hi - I am getting an annoying welcome screen when I unlock my phone. This screen seemingly appears randomly, but typically pops up when I am charging the phone. The screen includes info like battery life, if the phone is on silent, time, etc. and I can swipe this screen to get to my actual home screen. I find it annoying, but am more worried this is from some application I downloaded. I suspect this is from the Norton antivirus i downloaded for my phone (which I have now removed).

Any help or guidance would be appreciated.

Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! There are a number of apps that do this kind of thing. Some common culprits include Peel Remote, ES File Explorer, Z Camera, and Flash Keyboard.

jaylee784

Apr 21, 2017
Visit site
Thanks! Just looked at my apps and I do have Peel remote. I will try to uninstall and see if that helps. If Peel isnt the culprit, any other suggestions on how to get rid of this screen?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I believe Peel is preinstalled bloat, which means you can't uninstall it. So either look through its settings to see if there's some option you can turn off, or go to the App Manager, select it, and Disable it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674