Apps freeze/stop working when minimized (Samsung S6 edge)

A

AC Question

Hi All - I have a samsung galaxy s6 edge and all my apps that can continue running in the background after you minimize them (WhatsApp, Skype, Soundcloud, Spotify etc) freeze or stop working once minimzed.

Say for example i'm on a WhatsApp or Skype call, if i press the home screen/back button to minimize the app and have it running in the background the call will disconnect. It's not even an issue with using other apps while running the call, even if i literally press the home screen, the app will close down. This obviously shouldn't happen, as you can run these apps in the background while using the rest of the phone.

Same thing happens with music players apps like Soundcloud and Spotify - they freeze once the app is minimized.

I have factory reset my phone 3 or 4 times now and the issue still keeps arising. Everything will be fine for a day after the factory reset and then the problem will resurface.

Anybody have any solutions please?? This is driving me crazy!

Thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Any power-saving modes turned on, or 3rd party battery-saver or "RAM cleaner" apps installed?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech